ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Details on Renaults extended warently.

Renaults extended warently.

This information is aviaible at your Renault dealership.

Its a full warently it covers you for everything that the standard 3 year/60k warently covers you for.

You won't fnd any other warently which covers for more engine mouns and shocks are covered even. Only Exhaust pipes and batteries are the only things you'd think it might cover which it doesn't but a failed exhaust they'll probel pay for under the fact that it should last for 5 years anway so its unsuitable for use if it doesn't and so covered.

AnwyThe warently is applicable to the car not the person so when you sell it on the warently is still valid.

It also gives you full AA cover in the UK with home start , recovery and onward travle (ie they'll give you a car to carry on with).

It has to be bought before the car is 3 years or 60k old though (whichever is sooner). You cannot extend it dueing the time ie if you have the 5 year package and 80k you cannot upgrade to the 100k package.

Prices

For 0 to 1500 CC engines

Increase the normal 3 year 60k allowance to
3 years and 80k £300
3 years and 100k £500
4 years and 60k £300
4 years and 80k £500
4 years and 100k £700
5 years and 60k £500
5 years and 80k £700
5 years and 100k £900

For 1500 to 2200 CC engines

3 years and 80k £600
3 years and 100k £800
4 years and 60k £500
4 years and 80k £800
4 years and 100k £1000
5 years and 60k £800
5 years and 80k £1000
5 years and 100k £1200

For 2200 CC engines and over

3 years and 80k £900
3 years and 100k £1100
4 years and 60k £900
4 years and 80k £1100
4 years and 100k £1300
5 years and 60k £1100
5 years and 80k £1300
5 years and 100k £1500

Golf GTD
so if i want to take this out, say the 3 years or 80k does that mean 3 years from date of purchase? or 3 years from when my currenty warranty ends? also is 80k the total milage allowed, or is it ur current milage + 80k?

also, do i just buy this from a renault dealership? or can it be done over the phone.

great post by the way :)

KyleB said:
so if i want to take this out, say the 3 years or 80k does that mean 3 years from date of purchase? or 3 years from when my currenty warranty ends? also is 80k the total milage allowed, or is it ur current milage + 80k?

also, do i just buy this from a renault dealership? or can it be done over the phone.

great post by the way :)
Its is 3 years from the date fo first registration I should have made that clear ie you can have upto an extra 2 years of warently. The milage allowance is the same its 80k total.

It can be bought online from this link
http://www.renault.co.uk/OwnerServices.aspx?#
(if the link doesn't work go to Renault.co.uk and go to services and its called Renault for you the warently scheme)

Golf GTD
oh ok, thought it was like a further 3 years for 600£ which i would of taken...

cheers edde

My dad took it out on his 172 last november, I think he paid £400 for it, it includes the aa cover as well.

Cupped Meg 225 Lux
I wouldn't bother trying to buy it online. I tried buying the extension to the AA cover, which adds cover for flat tyres and keys locked in car (these are excluded from Renault AA cover, bit tight seeing as 182 has no spare...). Bought it, the money came off my card, I had a query about the cover and rang the number on the confirmation email.

'No record of the purchase sir'

Call Renault Cust Services

'Nothing to do with us, its not our website, its a third party'

This I found most amusing, during several different calls, Renault Customer Services claimed that www.renault.co.uk wasn't their website....

I called various numbers given to me by various departments and companies such as Renault (including someone at Head Office) & The AA over a 2 week period. All of them denied responsibility for taking the money and denied responsibility for the function on the Renault website that allows you to buy the cover online. They all referred me to each other.

Posted a query with customer services on Renaultsport's website threatening to report Renault UK for fraud. My Credit Card co. put the payment query through to the fraud dept too.

Miraculously, a day later Renault Customer Services had figured it all out and found my cover application....

I'd try http://www.warrantydirect.co.uk. Had these on Gf's cars before and they have paid out no quibbles etc....