ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Evo 5 RS
Well tbh as Steam automatically decrypts the game when launched, theres no way to tell if it were your reasoning for using a vpn in the first place ;)

Evo 5 RS
played a few hours last night, you find yourself going back quick loading to do everything just that tiny bit better! The attention to detail is f**king A*!

Make sure you read emails etc as they will tell you loads of useful info, and explore lots, loads of stuff is ridiculously well hidden. I've clocked 2 of the main missions and a couple of side quests and barely scratched it. Also besides the prologue I've not actually killed anyone yet ;)

Two things I can say that are a downer; I'm probably going to play this to much now, and the quick loading is slow as f**k. Like actually to the point where it's not quick at all, more like waiting to die. I think I managed to put the kettle on one time and it hadn't loaded. Make sure you don't f**k up and you don't have to worry lol. (sure it'll be fixed soon)

Integra Type-R DC2
I need something to fill the gap between now and BF3, this sounds right up my street.

Octy VRS
Anyone tried it on console yet? Think I may pick it up this weekend, looks f**king awesome. Bit of Bladerunner mixed with MGS.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
got this today and its absolutely epic.

Only problem is there's so much freedom I've hardly got anywhere as I spend my time f**king about. Breaking into the police station, tranquilising guards then sticking them in the corridor and waiting for them to be discovered xD lol.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Awesome. Very unforgiving at times but so good.

Only played on mates 360 version. Got it myself now too. Installing later.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Yeh it is very very unforgiving alot of the time. I've just done the first boss, he's a hard b*****d when you don't have much ammo.

1.8 Civic EX
I've not followed this game at all over than a quick look at this thread. I must say after watching the review over on gametrailers.com it doesn't look all that impressive.....assuming I'm on my own with those thoughts? Lol

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I've not followed this game at all over than a quick look at this thread. I must say after watching the review over on gametrailers.com it doesn't look all that impressive.....assuming I'm on my own with those thoughts? Lol

Its getting 9/10 all over the place and it doesn't look that impressive?

Trust me, its immense.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
f**k steam is slow today

Don't forget m8 - that Deus Ex officially only unlocked in Europe yesterday. And it headlines the Steam store too - so every one will be nabbing it at the minute...

Oh, and good choice of getting it on the PC. Hacking sections are much easier with K&M!

D.

DCi
it was my homeplugs in the end, theyd decided to cut my d/l rate from about 1.1mb to 200k no idea why :S

90 mins to go

DCi
wasnt expecting this on a brand new game woop

2rw22x2.gif

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
wasnt expecting this on a brand new game woop

2rw22x2.gif

It's a very unstressful game on the CPU this. My i7 spends most of it's time hovering between 6 and 8% usage - sometimes spiking up to about 20%. It clearly prefers meaty graphics cards as a priority and runs on DX11. Failing that, it resorts back to DX9 and skips DX10 altogether?

D.

Integra Type-R DC2
How f**king solid is the first boss.

Spent over an hour now trying to beat this cnut. Its the b*****d grenades he throws everywhere that are pissing me off the most.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Hide behind pillars til he gets close then pop out and shoot the fire extinguisher, blinds him then just fill his head with bullets. If u run out of extinguishers start throwing the gas canisters.

DCi
It's a very unstressful game on the CPU this. My i7 spends most of it's time hovering between 6 and 8% usage - sometimes spiking up to about 20%. It clearly prefers meaty graphics cards as a priority and runs on DX11. Failing that, it resorts back to DX9 and skips DX10 altogether?

D.
I've had one moment of frame rate lag and it looks superb. Quite enjoyable so far

1.8 Civic EX
Its getting 9/10 all over the place and it doesn't look that impressive?

Trust me, its immense.

This is the review...
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-deus-ex/719501

I guess it just doesn't do the game any favours. I'll find out soon anyway as I've bought it now lol

Just got dropped off by the chopper and got into the door from the roof after taking out the first couple of guys...

Feels very similar the chronicles of riddick so far....

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
This is the review...
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-deus-ex/719501

I guess it just doesn't do the game any favours. I'll find out soon anyway as I've bought it now lol

Just got dropped off by the chopper and got into the door from the roof after taking out the first couple of guys...

Feels very similar the chronicles of riddick so far....

Use Gamespot:

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/de...w.html?mode=web&tag=scoresummary;critic-score

The worst score it gets over 15 different is 8.5, all the rest are above 9/10.

Nearly all the user scores are 9+ too.

There are a few little things that bug me about it that break the immersion a bit, but overall its a fantastic game.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Trying to get the non lethal achievement

If Cookie ever reads that, he'll personally kill you himself.

I laughed when asked that lethal/non-lethal question near the start of the game. Like I was ever going to join the 'let-me-slip-you-by' brigade. The character's a half-man/half-machine of precision killing. To allow a mere guard armed with a pistol to survive would be a travesty. :)

D.

Evo 5 RS
I'll be playing through it again ;)

Theres something satisfying about sneaking through a police station without killing anyone. (Doesn't mean you can't put em out for awhile)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be playing through it again ;)

Theres something satisfying about sneaking through a police station without killing anyone. (Doesn't mean you can't put em out for awhile)

Never liked sneaking. I've tended to stay well clear of games that require it too - that includes the classics such as Thief and MGS. But I can see why people would like the challenge. :)

D.

DCi
I got through the sarif level as a ghost. I prefer it when there's no alarms as it's usually easier to get about