ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Integra Type-R DC2
Just about to go to China. Couldnt finish the 'motherly ties' quest though, turns out theres a bug with it that alot of people have been getting. Also, got the Aug that lets you punch through weakened walls, but yet to find any...seems like a waist of a piraxis.

Just about to go to China. Couldnt finish the 'motherly ties' quest though, turns out theres a bug with it that alot of people have been getting. Also, got the Aug that lets you punch through weakened walls, but yet to find any...seems like a waist of a piraxis.

There's one in the first mission into Derelict Row, didn't have any piraxis left to upgrade for it though.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Whats the bug with motherly ties? I finished that quest.

The break through wall aug is cool and there is alot of chances to use it further on when you get to montreal. The only problem is as you can imagine it makes a hell of a noise and draws alot of unwanted attention.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Same here - I didn't get any issues with the Motherly Ties quest. Is that issue on the console only? The only instance of an issue I've had was where I played the Tutorial for what the piraxis does. The video window opened and appeared black - completely locking the game. I switched to Task Manager, killed the game and restarted it. It worked fine again once I got to that point.

I'm ignoring (probably to my ultimate cost!) - all the weapons other than the pistol. I've been getting the increased marksman/steady aim perks and any weapons upgrade has been spent on the pistol. Going for the single shot headshots when needed. :)

Loved the Police Station mission. Triggered the alarms a few times but didn't kill anyone. Cookie would be SO disappointed in me....

D.

Integra Type-R DC2
Is there a way to remove attachments from a weapon, or are they single use, once therere on, theyre gone type affairs? Im regretting sticking a laser and silencer on my battle rifle. Just seems pointless.

1.8 Civic EX
Trying to get the non lethal achievement

Do You know if it includes the very beginning of the game before you learn any of the stealth skills? If it does as I'm not that far in I might start again as I shot the guys

Looking around the net it would appear the prologue is included so if you killed the guys at the beginning then you won't get the non lethal achievement.

Time to start again! Going through on the hardest setting 1st time too.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Just bought this and about to have a session on it. Going into it completely blind folded as I don't know anything about the previous games or anything. Bought it off the reviews!

Getting a bit fecked off with the hacking already - and I'm still in Detroit!

How the console owners cope with that, I simply have no idea. :)

D.

I haven't had trouble yet and I'm on PS3, only done level 1 and 2 hacks so far though.

What is annoying me is the first boss! Need grenades!

DCi
I haven't had trouble yet and I'm on PS3, only done level 1 and 2 hacks so far though.

What is annoying me is the first boss! Need grenades!
i got so jammy with him, i got to close so he grabbed me, then i managed to wriggle free and 1 bullet finished him. had i not hit i'd have been dead (Again)

Turbo LY R27
With the level 2 hacks i always get detected before i can finish it, what upgrades do i need? Ive upgraded a few but its not made a difference. Epic game tho!! :)

F5 is getting a beating on my keyboard.

Love getting through sections without killing anyone but then I get bored and just crossbow half of them and sneak past the rest. It seems wrong not to shoot a few people in the face on a computer game, also hilarious with the crossbow as they pin to the wall.

With the level 2 hacks i always get detected before i can finish it, what upgrades do i need? Ive upgraded a few but its not made a difference. Epic game tho!! :)

I haven't been detected yet, I just find the correct route and go as fast as I can go - there's often less than a second left though!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
F5 is getting a beating on my keyboard.

Love getting through sections without killing anyone but then I get bored and just crossbow half of them and sneak past the rest. It seems wrong not to shoot a few people in the face on a computer game, also hilarious with the crossbow as they pin to the wall.

Lol - you and me both! Any door unlocking - any 'dodgy' areas of a mission gets the F5 treatment!

I had one hack of a computer terminal earlier, where some skank came in and shot me dead when I was a few seconds off completing it. Git. ;)

D.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
For hacking, upgrade your capture aug which makes detection less likely and get some nuke virus and worm stop software. Plan your route before you hack.

Tbh it gets a bit of a joke in later levels, i'm level 5 detection now I can hack 9 times out of 10 without even getting detected even on level 5 security.

Second boss is more annoying than the first until you work out the easy way to kill them lol.

DCi
her mate got murdered and you have to prove that the guy did it, when you do to get revenge you hack into the hive nightclub and she puts his info all over the screens on the outside of the club pointing out to any passer by that he is a murderer etc

MKV R32
No idea why everyone moaning about hacking?

Easily doing level 4s on a 360, without any other hacking upgrades, just need to be quick. I even find myself unlocking the bonus items as well, have tons of nuke and stop worms

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
No idea why everyone moaning about hacking?

Easily doing level 4s on a 360, without any other hacking upgrades, just need to be quick. I even find myself unlocking the bonus items as well, have tons of nuke and stop worms

It gets more boring than anything - that's the issue for me.

D.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Just passed boss number 3, gotta be near the end now I reckon.

I love a game when you can't guess how its going to end.

MKV R32
Ive completed it. so don;t view spoiler if you haven't.

Massively disappointed with how short this game was, considering the rumours of 30-40 hours of game time, i think i did it within 10hours on the hardest difficulty completing side quests along the way. No way deserves its 9.5/10. Good game none the less though.

I chose the Sarif ending

Bought this earlier , only just started mission 1 , while on it the wife came in and said " whats this? " me " Deus Ex " wife " i'm Due Sex soon "...........i've been busy!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm not having as much luck with hacking as others. I'm not that good at it, although I do know what I'm doing... ish. I want to get the cash and XP bonuses but get either busted or simply can't don't have the Aug's or equipment (Nukes, Worms etc.) to finish the job. Getting there though, definitely. Got the hang on multi-noding now.

Also, that first boss Barrett took me close to an hour to finish. Wow. He was one hard dude, especially as I had no concussion grenades or stun guns.

Just got the Yes, Boss Achievement too and been sent to China.

As far as Aug's go, I've updated by Hacking in several areas, my Arm Prosthetics enabling me lift more, to carry more (level 2 size), a couple of Torso Augmentations and one eye Aug. Haven't touched the rest of the right hand side, but want to upgrade falling from heights and my armour, as well as double take down ability. Oh and also have the Social Skill Aug which gives me personality trait and smooth talking upgrades which is very clever.

This could take a while!

Evo 5 RS
Need a mouse for hacking tbh, it's dead easy when you know what does what. Some of the level 5 stuff is a bit of a challenge.

Also wish I had upgraded jump nearer the start, you can find some pretty nifty routes if you have. Awesome game! If you're not playing on hard you're gay.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The first boss is pretty easy actually, the secret is to pickup the explosive barrels and throw them at him.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The first boss is pretty easy actually, the secret is to pickup the explosive barrels and throw them at him.

Yeh I was pissing about for ages trying to shoot him etc. In the end I Just lobbed a few of those silver gas cylinders at him followed by the red barrels. Only took two minutes.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeh I was pissing about for ages trying to shoot him etc. In the end I Just lobbed a few of those silver gas cylinders at him followed by the red barrels. Only took two minutes.

Yeah, took me a while to figure that out.

Was pretty easy in the end. Also, when you get half way to killing him, it autosaves so you don't have to go through it all again.

As for hacking, like I said, it's an art but once you master it the rewards are great. You can pick up some big rewards by hacking the datastores within the node structure. XP, money, items. Quite a lot to find and hack, TBH. Even more so if you use the hacking glitch which hasn't been patched yet. Youtube that one.

Octy VRS
Finding it a bit meh. Does it get better? Played for a couple of hours so far, just doing some side missions and stuff.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'll sum it up. Probably the best game I've played since the original Metal Gear Solid.

I can't stop playing it!