ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Integra Type-R DC2
1 was ace, 2 was poo. If they learn from the mistakes of 2, this could be good.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Farking hell!!!

Looks like a mish-mash of BladeRunner/Syndicate Wars and Mass Effect 2. Fingers crossed that Square Enix can do it justice and not get distracted with Final Fantasy MCMCXXXXVVVIIIIVX. :approve:

D.

Coupe/Defender V8
tbh square are always good at doing CGI stuff, where is the gameplay!!!

Does look slick though. Shame Ion storm went bust. Eidos have been scraping the bottom of the barrel for some time now

Mito Sportiva 135
Farking hell!!!

Looks like a mish-mash of BladeRunner/Syndicate Wars and Mass Effect 2. Fingers crossed that Square Enix can do it justice and not get distracted with Final Fantasy MCMCXXXXVVVIIIIVX. :approve:

D.

That would probably be the best game ever then?!? I heard about a remake of Syndicate happening too actually, the original of that was awesome!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
A year and a couple of months on from the last post, and this is set for release in 2 weeks.

94% in GM Magazine. Looks absolutely superb.

Very tough year for the games industry and trying to be the best. GM said this would have easily been a contender for Game of the Year, but with Gears of War 3, Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Batman, MW3 and BF3 etc. all out in the next few months, it may have to settle being someway behind. Incredibly.

Evo 5 RS
PC Gamer gave it 94% too.

OXM gave it 10/10. Looks set to be game of the year. I had a cheeky peak at the beta and it's brilliant. Played the original as I was growing up, one of the best games I've ever played.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
PC Gamer gave it 94% too.

OXM gave it 10/10. Looks set to be game of the year. I had a cheeky peak at the beta and it's brilliant. Played the original as I was growing up, one of the best games I've ever played.

Agreed on the first game, was always a variety of ways to approach every mission. Looks like it's nothing like the second game, which is a very good thing.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The PC Gamer review claims it's the modern deus ex we deserve and that it's the best game he's played in four years.

oxm.com.uk issue 76 September 2011

- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - World's first Review: - "It's a sci-fi master piece!" 10/10

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Gamesmaster Review Highlights:

Few games do so much, so well, and for so long as Deus Ex : Human Revolution. In any other year, we'd have our Game Of The Year winner locked down before the end of August, but with the likes of Skyrim hitting the shelves in the next few months, Deus Ex is in for a bit of a fight, and a sneak, and a bit of a chat, and a punch-up, and whatever else you fancy doing, really.

The pre-credits tutorial sets the stage for almost 30 hours in Human Revolution's take on 2027. It's the most credible videogame world since Bioshock's Rapture - every location telling a story about what happened before you arrived and what might happen when you leave. Over those 30 hours not one minute is wasted.

In every city hub there are half a dozen side-missions to complete alongside the main missions; you'll be tasked with recovering evidence from a body in a police station morgue, but find yourself taking down a corrupt cop, investigating your ex-girlfriends disappearance, stealing weapons from gangland territory, and doing anything but the job in hand. Every missions plays differently, and every mission can be played however you want.

Enemy AI puts up a tremendous fight, moving a couple of men to flank while the rest suppress as a group. Augment your armour and electromagnetic shielding, install a rebreather to cope with gas grenades, and improve your arms to takedown two enemies at a time and you'll become an unstoppable killing machine. You can rack up a bodycount in the hundreds, or collect an achievement for not killing a soul.

Human Revolution is a proper RPG where you have real choice about everything you do. You'll make decisions you'll have to think about for minutes at a time, weighing the possibilities; you'll break your zero-kill streak and murder people because they deserved it rather than because the game forced you; you'll risk your life and the lives of others to save characters you've genuinely come to like. It's like a game filled with branching paths where every decision feels like a decisive moment, and a game where the results are always satisfying no matter what path you take.

But we've seen this before, after a fashion. Back in 2000, the original Deus Ex changed everything. With the help from System Shock 2, it forged a template the best developers would crib from for the next decade. That game wasn't a great shooter or a great stealth game, the AI was thick, combat was lightweight, and stealth was often as much about exploitation as skill. Somehow though, even with those problems, the whole was greater than the sum of the parts. Human Revolution, however, has no caveats; it is a great shooter, it is a great stealth game, and those parts come together to make it a great RPG. It's a once-in-a-generation kind of game, and the first game in a decade to do everything the original Deus Ex did, and to do almost all of it better

+ Freedom - Even great games only offer a handful of choices. In DE : HR you make choices in every new room.
+ Replay value - Once you're through it, you can do it all again playing with a whole new style of play.
+ The enemy AI - The enemies are merciless. They suppress, they flank, they kill. Don't stay still for long.
+ 2027 - Eidos Montreal's world of 2026 is the best original sci-fi vision in years, in any media.

- Bosses - There are three lousy boss fights in the game, and one almost good one. All are unavoidable.

Graphics 89%
Gameplay 93%
Accessibility 80%
Lifespan 90%
Innovation 94%

Overall 94% (not an average)

Summary - An incredible piece of game-making; it's the revival Deus Ex always deserved.

Integra Type-R DC2
Ashamed to admit I never played the original Deus Ex, even though I heard it was a classic.

Am I right in assuming this is alot like Mass Effect?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
my internet is too slow to watch trailers tonight, is it 3rd person or 1st?

If its 3rd person they can f**k off.

Integra Type-R DC2
To do with when stores release new products, America does it on tuesdays, UK and Europe on Fridays.