ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Devastated

Status
Not open for further replies.
It still costs money to source panels. If Joe Bloggs can get a panel for 100 quid instead of 200, it's still gonna cost him however long it takes to source it :]

i get what you're saying though.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
You realise how utterly ridiculous that sounds? Why would a garage inflate the price of a job and it end up a total loss for which they'll receive £75?

Insurer's garage wanted £1500,
Repair was actually done for £500.

3x the price. 3 TIMES. Not even slightly close to the actual cost of repair.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm clearly wasting my time here. The sheer lack of understanding on the subject is astounding.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I'm clearly wasting my time here. The sheer lack of understanding on the subject is astounding.
Yeah I gave up. I'm pretty sure we both have quite a lot of experience of this situation.

Standard "insurance trying to mug you off" views. There are a lots of arguments people are making naively on here and without founding.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Of course. Actual experience and hard facts count for nothing.
Hard facts! You have no idea how the garage's contract was constructed!

You can't just go pricing up bloody second hand parts and maybe repairing some bits etc before you even send the estimate to the insurance company! That's not how the real world works.

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
you sound gutted to be having a Mercedes over xmas. You are lucky when someone drove into my old 182 I had a 1.0 corsa.
Ill swap you my trophy for a few weeks if you want. After all who likes build quality, comfy ride and driving a new german car :)

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
you sound gutted to be having a Mercedes over xmas. You are lucky when someone drove into my old 182 I had a 1.0 corsa.
Ill swap you my trophy for a few weeks if you want. After all who likes build quality, comfy ride and driving a new german car :smile:

Sarcasm:wink: lol

It actually works out really well as I'm off for 2 weeks from friday. Heading to Bath then the south coast for Christmas then Lancaster for New Year so get to actually enjoy the luxo barge rather than being stuck with it to do my 3 mile trip to work and back each day for 3-4 weeks...

PH2 172
You say all that but would you be happy if you got given a 90's 1.1 fiesta for a car while yours was being dealt with when it wasn't your fault? I wouldn't tbh, still amazes me though that (as you say) this Merc is costing £105 PD. Unreal that it's going to cost 2.5k for that alone lol.
But at the same time if you went down to Enterprise I'm sure the same car would be at least £100PD to? So not sure where the scam etc part's coming from?

Enterprise do the Merc @ £42 pd.
I never suggested that you are not entitled to a replacement vehicle,which I agree you are,although I`m sure you might agree that the Merc is a bit of an upgrade from a 10 year old Clio.
I acknowledge that this was not of your choice or insistance,just proof Claims Companies are out for themselves.
I have been in the position of negotiating with an Aviva engineer that an estimate for a repair is approved,subject to the repairs being completed within a requested time span.
This was explained to me that if the repairs were not completed within this time frame,he would declare the vehicle a write off,as the hire charges from the Claims Manegement company would make the repair uneconomical.
I hope nobody else manages to read this into something I haven`t said!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well some of the comments in this thread is amusing.
I hope the car gets repaired for you. Bad times. Maybe point them to the classifieds on here for panels? They can do the repair for a third of the price then..

Ph1
Somebody crashed into my girlfriends Seat Ibiza 1.4 a couple of years ago. She was offered decent spec BMW's as a courtesy car inc a open top 3 series. IIRC the total bill from the hire company of the car she picked which was a 25k decent spec 1 series (the most basic one on the list) came to something like 2.5 / 3k.

I was always under the impression a courtesy car was meant to be near on like for like of the car you own.
Is there really any need to be dishing out top spec cars as courtesy cars? I mean someone picks up the tab for the hire and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out where this filters down to..

Status
Not open for further replies.