ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Df077 airbag light still on after soldering

Clio DCI80
Hi, hope somebody can help me I have the airbag light on the dash of my 2002 clio. Have a clone Clip and it's showing DF077 Drivers thorax side airbag (CO). I cut both plugs out and soldered the wires together but still have the light on. When i click on the fault it gives me: pr113 line 9 impedance 7.9ohm. I'm new to Clip and electrics aren't my strong point can anybody help? I have the MOT in a fortnight... Thanks

You need a resistor between the connection, soldering them together wont work!
Where are you located?

Clio DCI80
Yeah standard seats. Think i've found a guide on here - is it just a case of cutting two of those soldered wires, connecting a resistor and leaving the other two which would have been soldered to the first two alone?

Clio DCI80
Ok so i soldered in two resistors but it made no difference and I'm now showing both Df077 and Df183 again (this one went when i soldered the wires up but is back again now). I erased the fault memory on Clip but they're still showing as red light faults. Any other ideas? Could it be the airbag ecu itself? Is the pretensioner one only for the seat airbag or wheel bag too? I.e. if i deactivate them from the equipment list on Clip will it stop the front bag from working? Thanks

Clio DCI80
Sorted that with Clip - took them out but it flagged up another code along with the first two. I cut the two resistors out i'd previously soldered in and the lights disappeared off the dash. Cleared the memory and I'm showing no faults now. I think there must have been a break in some of the wires somewhere other than around or in the plugs