ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

diagnose required

Hi guys need some dianostic help.

Got the clio serviced at jms on thursday, new cam and aux belts and a 60k service.

However the drive home was not the greatest, the car felt a lot tighter in general and i was pretty happy, however by the time i got home (only 1 hr drive) the exhaust note was considerably louder from under the middle of the car.

also when idle the car started idleing a little lumpy.

I have today managed to get under the car and cant notice a blow or a hole in the exhaust anywhere.

the car fires up no problem, but does run lumpy and louder from under the car.

So now i cant work out what the problem is the only other thing i can think of is a plug or coil pack which i need to take a look at.

Is there anyone in the wandsworth clapham area fancy coming and having a look at it for me, or can anyone help me diagnose the problem??

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Try and check all the exhaust joints if you can, you might have a slight leak happening, which would make the exhaust noise abit louder,

Lumpy idling is normal iirc, but i have it aswell on mine, it doesn annoy you abit but theres nothing you can

Lumpy idle, louder exhaust, all sounds good to me!

Seriously though, can't see what in a service would cause it with no performance drop. They havn't forgotten to put an air filter in or anything stupid like that have they?

No i dont think the service has caused any problems, but i cant rule it out jet, Tom James @ JMS, can you comment on the matter, did you notice anything else about to fail during the service apart from the small points you raised?

I will get it up in the air on wednesday night hopefully so will reserve judgement till then.

The exhaut is def louder from the front, no different in the rear, its just sounds so different from before and i cant tell if there is a small whine noise or not!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Must have an exhaust blow or something! You need to speak to JMS personally pal really, sure they will advise you.

Drop them a mail.

No i dont think the service has caused any problems, but i cant rule it out jet, Tom James @ JMS, can you comment on the matter, did you notice anything else about to fail during the service apart from the small points you raised?

I will get it up in the air on wednesday night hopefully so will reserve judgement till then.

The exhaut is def louder from the front, no different in the rear, its just sounds so different from before and i cant tell if there is a small whine noise or not!

Hi, have just seen this.

Really no point in asking an open question on a forum like this, if you want our help fire us an email / give us a call. A blowing exhaust will be nothing to do with the service work we carried out.

I didn't carry out the service in question so it will have been James that raised any concerns that he might have spotted. Drop us an email via info@jmstuning.co.uk and he will get back to you as usual. :)

500 Twinair
If you have a problem then the best thing is to raise the question with jms, they will do all they can to help...

ValverInBits
Some lumpy idle issues can be solved by replacing the lambda sensor. Really, the only explanation for more noise from the exhuast is a blowing exhaust.
Best of luck