ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diagnosing bad earth

Rys

Clio 2 RS 182
I’ve got a bunch of electrical gremlins and I’m starting to suspect a bad earth. What’s the best way to go about diagnosing if that’s actually the case?

Current symptoms: fog light flickers when I brake even though I’ve cleaned up a badly corroded connector on the driver’s side rear light cluster; airbag + service light comes on despite having almost all airbags programmed out with a Clip (passenger dash bag still in, other bags all gone due to custom seats and wheel); boot solenoid has gone.

Any idea if all of those things can be related to a single bad earth, or am I just unlucky?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Clean both rear light connectors.

And also check the earth which runs down from the passenger side rear light behind the plastic trim. Those black rubber boot stops next to both rear lights can leak in water and it runs down to that earth.