ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diagnostic Fault Lottery

Clio 1.4, SV650S
Car broke down, dumped it on the forecourt of my main dealer :clown: ...

Renault managed to look at the diagnostics yesterday and it revealed 3 intermittant faults.

1. Fuel pump relay fault -
icon_rolleyes.gif
- RAC man disconnected inertia switch and cleaned the contacts while the engine was running...

2. Immobiliser fault -
icon_neutral.gif
- sounds expensive

3. Coil pack fault -
icon_rolleyes.gif
- RAC man pulled the connection to the coil pack while engine was running

Pissed off because out of the three stored faults i think we can rule out 2 because of what the RAC man did.

Of course the "new girl" who recorded the details didnt write that down at the time, now got to have it re-tested so the tehnicians can see for themselves. if this intermittant fault doesnt show itself on the test drive as far as they are concerned there is nothing they can do.

This isnt what i expect from a main dealer.... plug in computer, too many faults, clear faults, hope it happens again... had the RAC man in the dealership FFS, should have insisted that a tech spoke to him instead of some dozy reception bint.

i'm paying for their EXPENSIVE time... they could at least get in there with a multimeter or soemthing and test the components. what the f**k am i paying them for? robbing b******s!

if they can't find a problem on monday and i break down on tuesday i'm going to be very unhappy.