ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diagnostic software

'92 172, Lotus Elise
trying to connect the laptop up to the diagnostic port but not having much luck :(

I think it's vista that's the problem.

I have this cable:
1-1.jpg

'vag com' I know, but it still has the connections for standard OBD2 (pin 7 and 15) and is just a serial<->usb adapter anyway really.

the connector lights up, but the diagnostic software won't communicate with the car.

I've tried it in my car, my mums meganeII and my brothers Corrado all to no avail (ignition was on)

the cable has worked in the past on my brothers laptop... which leads me to believe its an issue with vista somewhere.

I'm running the diag software (digimoto) in xp sp2 compatibility mode and as an administrator.
The com port matches the one the device manager (4).

I've also tried installing these drivers: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM 2.04.06 WHQL Certified.zip

so basically what I'm asking is if anyone has used such a lead on vista and how did you get it working - software or settings... :D

cheers :eek: