ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Did anyone on here own this

clio 480t ,172, clio mk2
ive just bought a mk2 172 phase 1 in sunflower yellow very nice car got it tonight off a chap in birmingham he said it came from an enthusiast so was wondering if it was anyone on here cheers

X367 AAY

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not sure what middo's reg was but it ended up a dog with lots needing done to it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh my!

SNC10502.jpg

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Certainly did a crackin' job with her.

What needed doing for it to become a dog then gally?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Think it was really bad mechanicaly, suspension and stuff, drive shafts.

Just wear and tear really but money needed spending

Was on ph and ebay for ages iirc.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Aye its now got 90k+ on the clocks and alot of the parts have dissapeared from it :(

Its been up for sale twice in 6 months

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Some issues arise from forums though imo.
If people are interested in buying a car at least 1/2 prob join biggest forum to do a bit of research. Look for the car or the members details, then search for threads and posts.If owner has posted about this prob and that prob so perhaps some things are better kept to yourself.

As an example I'm currently half looking at a car for sale, and have been scrawling through previous 2 owners posts and threads to build a picture. Enabling me to pay particular attention to these issues.

It pays to do your homework;)

clio 480t ,172, clio mk2
il get some pictures up of it at the weekend its got a few bb tunning recipts that i found for exhasut and a chip or something for the ecu not to sure on these for the 172

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Middo's ended with different letters so it's not his and as the op says it looks mint.

ph1 sunflower
it really pisses me off seeing these sort of things the clio aint that bad i know as its mine... fair play it needed bits doin but again it aint that bad and it was me who put it up for sale then took it off...

Birchdown

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup / 172 Exclusive
Middo's car wasn't that bad tbh, he spent a LOT of money on it shortly before it was sold though, we put a clutch, cambelt kit and aux belt kits on it.

As said, think he fell out of love with it, but it was definately salvageable (sp)

Middo said it used oil, but never knew where he come to that verdict myself, didnt smoke or leak etc!

Steve@Birchdown, thought i was signed in as me, lol.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I loved Middo's Ph1, it really showed what could be done to a ph1 to make it look at the top of its game IMO. I haven't since seen a sunflower clio that I thought looked anything special, but if anyone gets one looking like that ^^^ I'll be impressed.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The both of you guys should take a chill pill!

Disco nobody was actually talking about your car! It was Middo's car and since it has left Middo's hands it's went downhill.

People have looked at Middo's old car and it needs stuff done.

ph1 sunflower
i own middos old car now and iv had it for about 5 months now and yes its needs bits but nothing majore as a lot of people have said...

i heard of it using oil since iv had it its used hardly any not sure why...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I thought you owned the op's car.

So you admit it needs stuff doing.

No one said it was serious stuff ie belts and the like but still wear and tear items.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I loved Middo's Ph1, it really showed what could be done to a ph1 to make it look at the top of its game IMO. I haven't since seen a sunflower clio that I thought looked anything special, but if anyone gets one looking like that ^^^ I'll be impressed.
wouldnt be hard to do from the outside anyway

ph2 side strips
cc'd handles and boot lock surround
ph2 rear lights
ph2 rear bumper
Cup spoiler
nice drop
anthra wheels
yozza exhaust
silvervisions

Probably the things any ph1 owner should do to make their car look the best they can, I think ph1 front end + ph2 additions from the side's back is the perfect clio sport for me