ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

did they make ....

hi i have been wondering over the past few days wether they made a 1.6 in the mk1 phase 1 clio i have a 1.4 rt 1994 n was just wondering wat is in between myn and the rsi ???? i got a bargain with myn its only done 48,000 in 14 years plus nething goes wrong my brother works for renault so its all good but i'd say they are a reliable car i've been reading through the recent threads and a lot of people don't really think they are reliable :S

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
dont know much about the mk1 but i dont think they did a 1.6 they did two 1.8 though. one 8V the other 16V i think

None
They didnt do a 1.6 in a mk1 clio but they did a 1.6 8v megane, which is similer to the 1.4 8v engine (so I've been told)

BMW M135i
The 1.4 8v and 1.6 8v used around that time are both energy engines so very very similar in construction. Fanimolds differ but thats about it afaik, in the Mk1 there was never a 1.6 model. The RSi was a 1.8 8v.

so after myn it goes straight to the rsi then??? i didnt think they did make a 1.6 jus wondered really i jus recently bought a rsi spoiler for myn for a fiver at a scrappy jus got 2 try n respray it to match the same colour as myn i think myn is cobalt blue which u have 2 make to order like £15 a can its a joke either that or leave it black any ideas?????/