ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diesel 182 dual exhausts?

Hey,

Firstly please excuse my stupidity but I really know enough about cars to get me through. This has been changing recently as I'm taking more interest in cars.

I have a 52 plate dci clio. I have fitted front bumper and wings (from a 182). I'm looking to do the same on the rear bumper, but would prefer the dual exhausts. I know it won't fit due to the spare wheel (I believe). I've seen one which fits (miltek I think?). Does this cause any issues for my mot or does it change the exhaust noise in any way or is it purely for appearance?

Thanks

Jny

I'd be tempted to get a custom jobby that goes around the spare wheel well but they don't come cheap!

MK3 GTI golf 16v
182 bumper and custom would be the cheaper option. Long life will charge in the £350 region to make the exhaust

Best going for a custom job, the ktec replica systems aren't the best from what I've heard and you've have a lot more control in terms of sound/tip style

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd go custom. If you're not bothered about them being flow matched for an even flow out of each exhaust, then it wont be too expensive either since there's only the cat and backbox for silencing on a dci. The rest is basically just a straight pipe with a bend to get it over the rear beam. Not to mention the fact that you probably wont be able to find an off the shelf system specifically for a dci.

Just noticed your location. I don't know if there's anywhere decent in Edinburgh for exhausts, but SOS Motorsport or Stainless Creations in Falkirk are both excellent for custom jobs.

Listerine & Poledo
1x exhaust with a single exit
1x fake tip?
If you just want it to look like a 182 rear end, that will do it. Since you wont be blowing enough exhaust to make real use of a twin exit, you wont be losing out on much.
Just make the fake exit a decent fake and you'll be fine.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
It is a ballache getting pipework round the spare wheel well. Custom will only be as good as the person doing it and the technique(s) they use. I don't know anyone up North of the Border so can't give you a recommendation. Maybe an idea to ask in the Region section in your area for anyone who is good with exhausts...might give you a better insight as local people will have better local knowledge. :)

Thanks guys, like the idea of a fake tip but not convinced. Wudnt mind travelling to Falkirk for a decent job.
I know this will affect insurance but what about mot?
Will the noise change? Want it to sound nice (stupid question for. Diesel, they never sound nice)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Thanks guys, like the idea of a fake tip but not convinced. Wudnt mind travelling to Falkirk for a decent job.
I know this will affect insurance but what about mot?
Will the noise change? Want it to sound nice (stupid question for. Diesel, they never sound nice)
If your getting a custom one, you will be able to tell them how you want to sound. If done properly it won't effect the MOT.