ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diesel in 182!!

BG 182,megane td
The wife's only put diesel in my 182,4 days after getting her back on the road after a 4 month rebuild!!:mad:is it an easy job,drain tank injector cleaner maybe?

BG 182,megane td
Only a tenner but drove it all the same,she even said that she thought the pump was fucked because it wouldn't fit in!!

Mental 172 Cup
Did the £10 worth full it to the top? If not then get it towed back to the pumps and brim it with unleaded (obviously) see if it'll start. If it runs it might smoke and run lumpy but you might be able to get away with it.. Keep watering it down with unleaded until its fine..

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Can cause det, but you may well get away with it.

Only way to know is to drain it and try it sadly (well even then you might not know its damaged for quite a while)

Some may laugh but this is so easy to do. I've driven a dCi daily and a 172 for ages now and one day I was late, rushing to get fuel when I put petrol in my dCi. Luckily I didn't start it and had the tank drained and re-filled before driving again.
Hope you get it sorted buddy :)

225 Cup & Williams
Yeah very easily done. My mate at work filled his Transit to the brim with petrol so £100ish from empty. I laughed hard.

Mental 172 Cup
Easily done how? One is black and one is green?? One says diesel, one says petrol.. I don't understand?

225 Cup & Williams
Well if your not concentrating it's easily done or if your colour blind it's easily done or if your a bit simple it's easily done.

You see?

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Petrol in diesel happens a lot yes, diesel in petrol is just plain retarded as the nozzle doesn't even fit, I'd change the spark plugs to as they will be fouled up.

Countryman JCW
Empty fuel tank, take fuel pipe from fuel pump to engine off and turn ignition on which should pump the fuel out the pipes keep going until fuel is out the pipes. Refil with some decent unleaded and drive slow n steady for a couple of tanks... Should be ok then, I did it with me Evo 5 as the shell garage I used had optimax but the pump was red/black so as soon as I saw red I assumed it was petrol as diesel is usually blue or black, but unleaded optimax was just red :-( old car meant nosel went in no probs!

Mental 172 Cup
Petrol into a diesel maybe, because the nozzle fits. But the other way round, come on? Plus even if you were colour blind they are two completely different tones, then the labels from the holder clearly state petrol and diesel.. I know it happens alot but I just don't understand how, even when your in a mega rush why wouldn't you check what nozzle your picking up?

Some may laugh but this is so easy to do. I've driven a dCi daily and a 172 for ages now and one day I was late, rushing to get fuel when I put petrol in my dCi. Luckily I didn't start it and had the tank drained and re-filled before driving again.
Hope you get it sorted buddy :)

You only put a bloody tenner in! Brim the tank with diesel and it would if been fine, diesels run on anything!

RB 200
33 posts in and still no one has asked for pics of your wife??

probably because he's tied her up and locked her in the closet, incase he kills her tomorrow? ...

although. Pics of her tied up? .... ;)

seriously though, Hope its sorted mate, i'd be gutted if it was mine.

I predict at some point in this thread the truth will come out that it was him and not the wife to save the embarrassment :rasp:

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Oh dear, can happen, happens a lot to fleet vehicles.

Saw a brand new derv land rover and the guy full tanked it to petrol in Morrison's the other week. Should have heard his pals laughing and him swearing to the sky.

You only put a bloody tenner in! Brim the tank with diesel and it would if been fine, diesels run on anything!

A little petrol will wreck the pump on a modern common rail diesal engine. It's a disaster believe me.

Diesal in most petrol engines is ok so long as you purge the lines and drain the tank. You can't really damage the pump. Only issue is det so you take it easy for a tank or two.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I put 20 quid of petrol in my GT DCi when it had a half tank of diesel already in it, it ran a bit funny until I realised and filled it up with diesel again and it was sound lol!