ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diesel Knock?

clio 1.2
Hi all,

Does anyone know what causes "diesel knock" on a 1.9D Clio 1998?
It's when the diesel engine sound goes very loud and feels like power loss.

It comes and goes & when it does "diesel knock" the rev counter stops working.
And causes the temperature needle to stay on high, rad fan works, engine starts first time.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Gte a new coolent temperature sensor /check the wiring sound like that the issue the engine ECU is taking account of coolent temp by the sounds or the thermostat isn't working.

clio 1.2
Hi, thanks,

I put in a new coolent temp sensor yesterday which seems to have cured the Diesel knock problem, BUT, since then, the temp needle has started to rise to maximum, within 5 mins of starting it in the morning.
The radiator switch/sensor is working as the fan switches itself on and off while stationary.

How many temp sensors are there? 1 on the raditor (black), 1 on the engine block side (green, the one I changed) and i think there is another one on the back of the block with is white. I think, but if anyone can correct me, thanks.
Shall I change any other sensors, ie, raditor or the white one?

It's my first diesel, and not liking it so far, should have stuck to the 1.2 petrol!!!!

Many thanks
Max