ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Difference between 197 cup and cup chassis

Hi,
I'm looking to buy a clio 197 and the one I have been looking at says it has a cup chassis, does this mean it is a clio cup?
because when I was doing insurance quotes and entering the reg plate of the car it just lists it as a normal clio 197.
I hope this makes sense haha.
Cheers

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
could well be a FF with cup pack

there is no difference suspension wise between a FF cup packed car and a Cup car, the difference is mainly interior spec i.e. Poverty spec seats, no climate option and lack of keyless entry

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
yeah, full fat 197s have the cup suspension/chassis and come with more options. theyre identified by the red brembos and anthracite wheels and (the easiest way) the colour coded door bump strips

197 cups have black plastic door bump strips and come with the cup chassis as standard. and have a more pov spec interior