ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

differences between 172 & cup

Quote: Originally posted by sjd172 on 11 April 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 11 April 2003

I took Teady out in my car last night and his first comment was f**k this thing is quick... pulls like a train from 2 k where a 172 would get left behind... I.E when I raced Teady. I really dont know why everyone is fighting.. Cup and 172 are both very fast, handle like go karts and look nice. Cup slightly quicker, better handling but has got F.A inside it with sh*te seats... 172 slightly slower loads of kit that could match a luxury car and slightly less grip and more body roll.
Yep , ok then.
What? Makes me laugh we have both a 172 and a Cup and have raced them and im telling you what happens, why would we possibly lie? If you want to think that if you line up side by side with a Cup and are going to match it all the way your sadly mistaken it will pull away from word go and creep passed you and keeps going. Had a little test with my pal in his chipped 195 hp/240 lb ft Ibiza cupra Turbo tonight the first thing he said when we met up afterwards is f**k that thing is fast, i was pulling away from him ever so slightly in a straight line and hammered him round corners:D Clio 1 chipped Cupra 0:D P.S how fast can a Cup/172 go in 4th?

neil, never said that you wouldnt beat in in a srtaight line, thats elementry my dear watson!

Any lighter car with the same power will do that, the point being, nowt, you creep past, just like the willy is faster than the 16V, but the willy to a bigger degree.

the cups good, but the 172 aint half as had as you are making out to be.

true, so i dont see the point in argueing, we know its faster in a stright line.

but you have sweaty balls at the end of the day.....;) lol

The interior of the cup isnt much different to my Clio Billabong!!! The seats r the same (just mine in my opinion are a better colour). But in all honesty if I was going for a cup or a 172, id go for a 172 simply because its got more gadgets on it, the 1 or second difference in speed doesnt matter diddly squat to me!!!

Quote: Originally posted by billabong on 12 April 2003

the 1 or second difference in speed doesnt matter
Its NOT a 1 second difference. Thats total rubbish.....its definitely a proven 0.99999 second difference.

:p

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

thats just it.. to 60 there is like a .3 difference.. so I hardly think Cups pull like a train a 2k and leave the 172 behind.. its the same fooking engine..

ill get shot by cup owners but i think the difference in 0-60 straight line can be described as negligible it may be more noticable on a track due to less weight and the shorter braking distances but we are splitting hairs here so why can we not just agree we both have fun quick cars and quit the oneupmanship its soooooooo childish

See the RR day thread. All the 172s (MK1, MK2, Cup) got the same bhp figures (2bhp seperating them). End of thread? Probably not......yawwwwn!

these types of questions just bring out the sh*t in people.

cup-faster 12995

172-fast 15995

sorry 172 boys you pay for the extras...if they were the same price then of course the 172 would be the better option 100% but it aint..alot of people on here not sl*ggin everyone are jealous at the fact that the cup is quicker..regardless of how many secs it is and thats fact..for the money i paid for the car value for money is fantastic and am glad everytime i drive it and the smile factor is tremendous...at the end of the day we all own renaults shouldnt we all just get along....is this forum just turning into a saxo/nova site....MINES FASTER THAN YOURS!!!!! who gives a sh*t!!!! ps before anyone comes on and says garage down the road is selling a 172 for 10,500 i know you can get them cheaper when you shop around!!!! back to the original question....IT IS UP TO YOU MATE!!!!! whatever you buy you will be slater on this forum!!!!

yup seems that way at the mo thats why i said can we all just drop the bullsh*t oneupmanship a joke is a joke but i think its got to the point of bitching and the 172 vs cup debate is really starting to annoy me now

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Quote: Originally posted by CUPPY on 13 April 2003

cup-faster 12995

172-fast 15995

sorry 172 boys you pay for the extras...if they were the same price then of course the 172 would be the better option 100% but it aint..alot of people on here not sl*ggin everyone are jealous at the fact that the cup is quicker..regardless of how many secs it is and thats fact..for the money i paid for the car value for money is fantastic and am glad everytime i drive it and the smile factor is tremendous...at the end of the day we all own renaults shouldnt we all just get along....is this forum just turning into a saxo/nova site....MINES FASTER THAN YOURS!!!!! who gives a sh*t!!!! ps before anyone comes on and says garage down the road is selling a 172 for 10,500 i know you can get them cheaper when you shop around!!!! back to the original question....IT IS UP TO YOU MATE!!!!! whatever you buy you will be slater on this forum!!!!
My 172 brand new =£12500 =172 better option 100%

LOL, well its gettin silly, lighten up its not worth arguing about, why cant we all live in harmony ripping it out of novas

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Chad on 13 April 2003

Quote: Originally posted by CUPPY on 13 April 2003

cup-faster 12995

172-fast 15995

My 172 brand new =£12500 =172 better option 100%
My 8 month old mk2 172 with 5600 miles on the clock

£9000

and you can get brand new ones for 12000 so there goes that argument and by your own admission the mk2 172 is the better option 100% of the time.. argument over..