ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Differences in a 172 and a 172 CUP ???

Hi..

..Im looking at racing a 172 nxt season, and have found a cheap 172 cup for sale ...

Apart from being able to strip the car of seats etc, it has to stay pretty much standard... and to be in the right bhp / tonne category i need to race a 172 rather than the cup.

Can anyone tell me if the mechanical spec of the 172 and the cup is the same.. and if the cup is just a lighter version (ie no elec windows , a/c etc)........... or if the ecu, gear ratios or anything like that are different ??? ....... if not, i can then enter the cup as a 172 ??

thanks in advance :D

Simon

the cup has 171 bhp / tonne in the book.. where as the 172 is 156 bhp / tonne....... so i would be able to run in a lower class with effectively the same car if i use the 172. (once ive stripped it etc)

but ive found a cheap cup & will need to change anythin mechanical (ie uprated manifold etc) back to 172 spec.. if i want to enter it as a "172"

..can anyone tell me the differences between the two ??

Last edited: