ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Different 2.0 16v types

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
So i mean are there 2.0 sports without let's say varable valve control, or any other stuff that decreases the bhp.

I'm asking because here in belgium we have sports in 163, 166, 172 and 182bhp versions, the 163 and 166 verions are there because you have to pay a lot less takses for them about half wat you pay for a 172/82 :eek:
So what i'm actually asking here is, could there be any diffrence in engine components between the 163 and the 172, or is this decrease in power just because of some other software/ecu programmation.

Allready asked/emailed renault about this but they wouldn't awnser me, they just gave me some rubbish sales talk, which doesn't get me much further in any way.

Was hoping CS could be of some assistance

i always thought the main engine produces the same power , its other variants which cause the bhp differences .....i.e inlets , ecu etc

There loads of differences realy.

Head's
Cams
Blocks
Pistons
Valves
Injectors
Intake plebhams
Exhaust manifolds.
VVT none VVT.

Renault won't tell you exactly whats is different as well there no point.

You could in theory convery any of the engines to another but easier to just swop to the other engine.

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
There loads of differences realy.

Head's
Cams
Blocks
Pistons
Valves
Injectors
Intake plebhams
Exhaust manifolds.
VVT none VVT.

Renault won't tell you exactly whats is different as well there no point.

You could in theory convery any of the engines to another but easier to just swop to the other engine.

Damn, this is the awnser i hoped on not getting:S

Maybe a dumb question but would the engines look diffrent?
Is there any way to tell wether or not the engine has VVT without driving it?

I was thinking why would renau do such an effort on making diffrent engines for belgian clio sports, while the belgian market is so small for the rs models, not to say allmost unexistant.

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
to make more money !

how can they make more money on them if they need to build diffrent engines for a country which buys maybe 50 sport models a year (seriously, i'm not kiddin) and they cost the same here as in any country.
It's like custom building, should be more expensive that way imo

I was thinking why would renau do such an effort on making diffrent engines for belgian clio sports, while the belgian market is so small for the rs models, not to say allmost unexistant.
Depends how they limited power my guess is the lower power might just be mapped different but the easyish way to check is to find the engine codes all of them are f4R but the next 3 number tell you what type for example

F4R 730 is a Mk2 phase 1 engine
F4R 732 is a Cup/phase 2 172 engine
F4R 736 is a 182 engine from memory

Number on down by the oil filter see if you can find a few of the different hp versions.

All 172 engines should have the same basics though in them.

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2

Depends how they limited power my guess is the lower power might just be mapped different but the easyish way to check is to find the engine codes all of them are f4R but the next 3 number tell you what type for example

F4R 730 is a Mk2 phase 1 engine
F4R 732 is a Cup/phase 2 172 engine
F4R 736 is a 182 engine from memory

Number on down by the oil filter see if you can find a few of the different hp versions.

All 172 engines should have the same basics though in them.

Thanks, some realy usefull info there:star:
(puts it all on a piece of paper)

I'll see what the engine says when i'm going to view the car

cheers edde