ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Digital audio recorders?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone have any experience with these?

I'm looking for something to capture a good quality two-channel audio input, captured from in-built mics or a separate mic/line-in.

I'm thinking the standard dictaphone/voice recorder isn't ideal as they're geared specifically for voice only whereas I want something more capable...to pick up in car audio and speech, a wider range etc. The ability to have live filtering and level adjustment appeals too.

I'm seeing units for £80-£100 from the likes of Zoom and Tascam.

Before I'm all researched out and take the plunge can anyone chip in or point me to a good source of info?

Thanks

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Well, if anyone's interested, this is the one I think I'll be going for...from what I can tell using the second line in gives you two separate audio tracks so I can capture in-car and under bonnet/exhaust and mix them :approve:

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
...then there's also this one, the Tascam DR-05.

This one does seem to be the better performer, it's only a few pounds more compared to the Zoom H1, and the Tascam does have a lot more settings you can play with.

Having said that, this guy and a few others I've seen all seem to favour/use the Zoom for their recordings.

So it's still looking like it'll be the Zoom for me.

Thanks for, err, listening.

LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Received today, very impressed with it, accessory bundle is well thought out and overall quality, packaging, presentation etc. is very good.

I'll try and have a good thrash in the car on the way home tonight - will see if it's been a worthwhile investment!