ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Digital Camera - Someone who knows there s**t

E92 330
Basically im looking at buying a digital camera! Between say £80 - £150 ive seen a couple i like the look of

- Canon Powershot A580 8MP Camera.

- Nikon P60 8MP Digital Camera.

But these are only 8mp for less money i can get a 12 mp camera

- GE A1200 12MP Camera - Black.

I ll be using the camera mainly for days out, nights out and for football so i dont think i warrent a need to go spending hundreds of £`s on one!

Anyone got any recomendations or tips when buying a digital camera or can anyone shed any light on how good or bad these cameras are as i have next to no knowledge!

cheers rob

Stay away from the GE and also the Nikon, I'm sure they make good DSLR's but not heard anything good about their compacts. The Canon A590is sounds like a steal..

E92 330
whats so bad about the GE, glad i asked now was going to go for that due to the mp thing!! goin to have a look at the Canon A590. Is there a major difference between this and the a580?

MP does not equal better quality!!!

A590:

4x zoom with optical Image Stabilizer
Range of accessories
Manual Controls

whats so bad about the GE, glad i asked now was going to go for that due to the mp thing!! goin to have a look at the Canon A590. Is there a major difference between this and the a580?

Its just the brand to be honest, there not a big player and yeah mega pickels are just for marketing these days.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
if you want if for nights out then you want something small, i would go for the canon ixus 70.
its a great little camera and is really small - £99 on amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000NUWJOM/?tag=cliospnet01-21

or if you want something for more advance picture taking then the panasonic lumix seem pretty good (and they come with a leica lens)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0014FIHSC/?tag=cliospnet01-21

dont worry too much about mega pixel, anything over 6 is fine to be honest, the picture will only ever be as good as the glass that captures it

GR7

Shiny red R32
If your nights out include concerts, how about a Panasonic Lumix TZ5! My hubby bought me a pressie of one a few weeks ago and it takes quite good pics... and zooms in fine too! I've got a similar specced Fuji with a good zoom!

QueenPR-Glasgow.jpg

BriandRoger.jpg
Bri1a.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio 172
the best compact zoom camera going at the moment getting one this weekend, nothing comes close for the money and a fantastic zoom and big screen!