ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dimming headlights

clio sport 1.4 mk2
I have a 1.4 clio sport and when i turn up my music loud it makes my headlights flash. I have 2 subs and one amp in the car. Anyone got any ideas how i could stop this?

Golf GTI 1.8T
Farad capasitor. dont ask me how to instal them cos I dont know. I only know how they work from my electrical course at college lol

Audi TT 3.2 V6
lol as far as im aware you connect the power cable from the batter to the power cap, and then run another wire from the cap to the amp. but ive heard if anything they make the problem worse.

get yourself a transit van battery that will see u right lol

Golf GTI 1.8T
not sure how they can make it worse, but that sounds about right.

basically they store power untill a peak point (high bass) and release the power instead of using the batterys power.

lol that sounds really crap, my tutor wouldnt be impressed haha

Looking for a ph-quick...
ur best off getting a van/diesel car battery. not expensive and does the trick. i was running two 10" infinity Kappas and two pioneer amps which pulled alot of power and caused all the lights to dim when i turned it up. got my self a tranny van battery...eh voila! no more dimming!

infinity kappas for sale btw! let me know if anyone is interested!

Mégane RS
yeah it happens, not much you can do, maybe get another battery and split charge system or something