ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DIRECT LINE ARE USELESS!!!

R26r R26
:mad: The engineer came and looked at my car last Tuesday and decided it was a write off.I rang Direct Line today to see what was happening and they said they had not heard back from the engineer.WTF.So I am no nearer to getting paid out than I was this time last week.All this is delaying my plans for my next car and I now starting to get p*ssed off.All I have had from them is lies and incompetance since the crash,and they have done all they can to be awkward.It just shows that these well known companies aren't all they are cracked up to be.After all this aggravation I am going to do my insurance through a broker.You may pay a little bit more but at least they can sort things out for you.

Rant over :)

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I had no problems with DL when I had to claim.

When I went through a broker however, I was chasing it up for weeks on end. I was only TPFT though, so didn't have any extras.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
direct line are pants, but are the cheapest for me. my ex crashed her car and they said it was a write off. door was bent in and wouldn't open and wing mirror snapped off. a phonecall to my dad's mate and £200 later and it was fixed

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Not had any issues personally. Mum did when her car was written off.....but then they valued it at a grand more than we were expecting, so with every cloud...!

I did have to call them up when my renewal came thru tho....they wanted to charge me nearly exactly the same as they did last year even though im now 25 and have 5 years NCB.
One phone call later and i'd added the Mrs onto the policy and saved a good 150 quid!

Vaux Astra VXR Arden Blue
if they inspected your car last tues phone up n hit them with its an icob 7 breach under rules and regulation set by the FSA and u are going to report it to them and the FOS