ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Direct Line - declared mods

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Just called direct line to declare my angel eye/xenon headlamps and my rs grill and its increased my premium by £150 and taken my excess from £250 to £450 :eek:

Does this sound about right?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Depends on your age and many other factors. Sounds like your a young driver ?

I thaught Direct Line stopped insruing mods for under 25s now ?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Ah okay, in that case it sucks !!

I had mine much cheaper then that with Tesco with a hell of a lot of mods declared!

In between cars....
Try a quote with, bell and admiral, fire onto money supermarket.com as well, really good comparison website, see how you do, long as you havent had the policy more than two weeks with most companies you can cancel it penalty free and receive a full refund

I would definately cancel and switch insurers, they are taking the p*ss

Ph1
Elephant are awsome, try them.

Direct Line are one of the worst for premium price and if you have mods. They never used to be but avoid now, far cheaper available

With that increase for those mods their just taking you for a ride

In between cars....
Try moneysupermarket.com, checks all the good anes

Your 27 and got that quote, have you a sordid driving past hidden in the wings?

RenaultSport clio 182
See what quote privilage will give you mate, and dont tell what particular job you have just put manual job or something. Im 23 with 5 years no claims and they put me and mi bird on my 182 for £800,i dont think thats too bad really.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
went on swift cover and when i clicked mods its directed me to gocompare.com!

Filled out the forms etc etc

Returned with £510 a year with a £250 excess with just the headlights declared
the rs grill cant make it that much more expensive can it?

That price is what i was paying d.line for the standard car, without the stupid excess price.

Thats with ibuyeco, anyone got any good/bad reports? I have never heard of them

ValverInBits
I buyeco seem quite cheap sometimes. No reports as such tho.

Aparently librarians are some of the cheapest to insure.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
ok got a good deal with adrian flux £515 with a £200 excess mods declared. I have already accepted the quote and cancelled d.line insurance.

Thats cheaper than i was paying for the standard car with d.line

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
i know, worth it in the end :)

all im confused about now is the no claims proof certificate that adrian flux need, do d.line send it me? or do i just photocopy my d.line policy certificate before i send it back?

I have never changed insurance companies before :eek:

Oh and cheers for everyone's help

Golf TDI
direct line take the piss with mods , they wouldnt let me have any on my last car until i was 21 ! :(

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
liverpool victoria dont bother with mods unless its performace related

In between cars....
i know, worth it in the end :)

all im confused about now is the no claims proof certificate that adrian flux need, do d.line send it me? or do i just photocopy my d.line policy certificate before i send it back?

I have never changed insurance companies before :eek:

Oh and cheers for everyone's help

The renewal bit that was issued is proof of your no claims matey, should be on there somewhere

Clio 172
Strange things insurance companies arent they, as i changed to d.line when i bought my 172 about 2 weeks ago. they were over £170 cheaper the churchill d.line premium came in at £570 full comp and im 24 5yrs ncb 0 points 0 claims. plus d.line dont charge apr so saved again there. was looking to lower the sport but after reading this think ill have to leave it for now lol

Citroen DS3 White
DL are ok for no mods, I have a 182 with factory Recaros and am paying £550 in East London. They were charging me the same for my old Polo 1.4TDi and it only had wheels on as a mod! They were the cheapest quote for the 182 though, how very strange.