ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Direct Line Insurance

Car  Tesla MP3 2021
Right I will be changing the insurance on the 182 into my name and I want to go with Direct Line. I have been quoted £1350 which is quite good as I pay more than that now being a named driver on another policy lol. Also that’s with 0 NCB and 3 points which run out next year.

I have tried comparison sites and I can get prices close to that but I believe the service from D/L is very good and also your covered for quite a lot of others things as well i.e vandalism.

Is there anyone who you think maybe cheaper and worth looking (same sort of service) at before I start the policy.

Ta.
 
Best bit about Direct Line, and why I'm with them, is the fact their call centres are in the UK, not India.
 
Privilege is cheaper for me than dl.. And I think the vandalism cover is for age 22 or over :S (think it says it in small print on the advert)
 
try bell they are easily £200 cheaper than every one else, not sure about the service, but hopefully i'll never need to find out.
 
try bell they are easily £200 cheaper than every one else, not sure about the service, but hopefully i'll never need to find out.


Well currently with Admiral and cant stand them lol. Isnt Bell part of the same group????


Also as well Iam 21 :)
 
Privilege is cheaper for me than dl.. And I think the vandalism cover is for age 22 or over :S (think it says it in small print on the advert)


Dont you have to a certain amount of NCB to go with Privilege?
 
try elephant i am 21 with two years no claims and one accident in febuary 2005 with a 57 clio 197 and its £ 880. Tryed it with bell and they wanted £2200 and there the same group.
 
i used to work for direct line

the service is gash and theri policy has soo many loop holes i wouldnt insure with them
 
ive just halved my insurance with green light and i declared my mods also try adrian flux
 
i used to work for direct line

the service is gash and theri policy has soo many loop holes i wouldnt insure with them

I think any employee would discrace any ex company - I would and do lol.

Plus their service has to be better than Admirals - At least you get an English call centre.
 
try elephant i am 21 with two years no claims and one accident in febuary 2005 with a 57 clio 197 and its £ 880. Tryed it with bell and they wanted £2200 and there the same group.

I will give them a try for a quote but I think you get the same service as the likes of Admiral / Bell and others.
 
i used to work for direct line

the service is gash and theri policy has soo many loop holes i wouldnt insure with them

I think any employee would discrace any ex company - I would and do lol.

Plus their service has to be better than Admirals - At least you get an English call centre.

No, i didnt mind workin there was there for 2 years

I jst know from dealing with the claims i specialised in motor their policy does not offer the greatest comprehensive policy

there is so many exclusions in the policy that people dont actually read and wont know until they have misfortune of having a claim

yes their service mgiht be ok if u never have to claim but when you do im sure it will come to light

Somethin as simple as a courtesy car isnt even avlaibale unless u pay an extra premium even when using theri rrc

but if u go to Churchill (still part of direct line as they are rbs) they offer ccar at no extra cast when using a rrc

thats one exmaple
 
admiral and elephant were two of the most expensive when i was getting quotes!
 
try elephant i am 21 with two years no claims and one accident in febuary 2005 with a 57 clio 197 and its £ 880. Tryed it with bell and they wanted £2200 and there the same group.

I will give them a try for a quote but I think you get the same service as the likes of Admiral / Bell and others.

elephant arent bad

as long as u call within in normal office hours you do tend to get their cardiff call centre again very basic policy
 
I think any employee would discrace any ex company - I would and do lol.

Plus their service has to be better than Admirals - At least you get an English call centre.

No, i didnt mind workin there was there for 2 years

I jst know from dealing with the claims i specialised in motor their policy does not offer the greatest comprehensive policy

there is so many exclusions in the policy that people dont actually read and wont know until they have misfortune of having a claim

yes their service mgiht be ok if u never have to claim but when you do im sure it will come to light

Somethin as simple as a courtesy car isnt even avlaibale unless u pay an extra premium even when using theri rrc

but if u go to Churchill (still part of direct line as they are rbs) they offer ccar at no extra cast when using a rrc

thats one exmaple

Right ok thats for that. I have noticed the hire car bit but tbh it hardly made a difference to the policy. Might give churchill a go aswell. :)
 
^ Will give them a try aswell.

LOL just tried Churchill - 2k lol.

Will try elephant / bell aswell.
 
Right ok thanks.

Also can you advise me on anything else as to WHY I shouldnt go with Direct Line as so far no one else is cheaper for me.
 
If u are lookin for the cheapest insurance then fair enough.

But i just know that their policy isnt the best, just hope you dont come to find that out with maybe having a claim

but if your lookin for cheapest then by all means go for it
 
Back
Top