ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Direct Line...

At the same time they are royally píssing me off with getting my Williams back from them (still being fed my daily diet of bullshít, bullshít and more bullshít), the sales department have surprised me:

Rang up to cover my new car, and was told I was due a refund of over £100 (despite having a fresh, own fault claim on record).. then was told by the guy at the end of the phone that the alloy wheels wouldnt cost me any extra, because the original specification included alloys.

Result!

172, Tiguan

dont talk to me about direct line, some 2yrs 5 months after a van hit my old clio im still waiting for them to sort it out.

They are the biggest bunch of cowboys i have ever met.

yeh they took over a month to fix not to bad front end damage to my old mtv and they told me if i was to put bigger alloys they wont inshure me cause n e mods u need to be over 25 didnt say it was ok to me im inshured as 15s

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 31 March 2004

dont talk to me about direct line, some 2yrs 5 months after a van hit my old clio im still waiting for them to sort it out.

They are the biggest bunch of cowboys i have ever met.
Yeah, I mean a lot of my experiences over the last month would lead me to that conclusion too.. Im still waiting for a car which is rightfully mine to come back to me...

On the other side of the coin, they paid me a cheque for their first offer within 10 days of my accident happening.. I assume this is because there was no dispute about fault in my case.. but still good to know.. and the sales department just sorted me out ok too!!

Quote: Originally posted by mark_cliomk3 on 31 March 2004

yeh they took over a month to fix not to bad front end damage to my old mtv and they told me if i was to put bigger alloys they wont inshure me cause n e mods u need to be over 25 didnt say it was ok to me im inshured as 15s
I suppose it depends on how you ask.. I said something like, "The car Im buying I believe has different wheels on it, but if this is a problem I can put the originals back on."

Them: "Were the original wheels alloys?"

Me: "Yes, they were."

Them: "In that case, if it had alloy wheels on as standard, we wont charge you any extra"

took them over a fortnight to refund MY money back after i cancelled my policy, claiming that they had lost my letter of cancellation, f**king dickheads, i was a grand and a bit down for a fortnight because of those f**kwits

Willy2

Neil, welcome to the world of insurance companys. they have 2 speeds, SLOW and F*ckin SLOW. In my instance it has been proves against the other driver and I have to get the receipt letter to prove i paid the excess, now in my eyes that excess is mine, they were quick enough to take it, they are gonna take ages to get it back to me! W*nkers!

Rant over!