ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Directed Extreme Amps

ive been lookin at these in a shop that we have in the north east this bloke knows his stuff and only sells compitition things by the looks of it e.g JL Subs and compition amps,

He advised me to get an Directed Extreme Amp its 500watt Max power its a mono amp but has the channels to run two subs but its still a mono amp if u get me. Also its 250watt RMS at 2 ohms which is perfect at a total price of £150 which i thought was good just wanted to know if anyone knows if these are good amps

http://www.directedxtreme.com/amps.asphttp://www.directedxtreme.com/amps.asp

Its first the First amp on that website any good or no good? i would liek to know if its a good make.

Skoda Fabia vRS

sounds like a good price/performance amp mate

and Directed stuff is usually good from what ive heard

Magnat also make an amp with similar spec for the same price

good stuff my mate just went and bought one i herd that its a Amp from amarica well an american make so there under rated like JL audio.

Sounds like a good amp tho was just checking to see what other people think of it as well.

Quote: Originally posted by craig20102010 on 29 November 2004
its a Amp from amarica well an american make so there under rated like JL audio.

please dont take this as gospel

many amps are under rated..... yes, but not all

you assume that ALL jl amps are under rated, this is not true, as with almost all manufacturers

id rather find a manufacturer that will guarantee the output of the amp therefore you know what power you are getting as opposed to some urban myth of what you can get out of them

Dont ave a clue mate just what ive been told from a bloke who sell em what i think he means is an amp that people who really like their bass and go completly crazy about it buy.

expensive amps might be a better way to describe it

Alpine give out test sheets with their digital V12 series amps tellin u the exact tested rated power at the usual volome and loads.

Can remember if the smaller multi-channel amps come with it too tho.

Peter

Directed Xtreme amps, arent under-rated. They are a cheap branded amp that Directed sell. The mono amp retails for 149, but if your getting 2 x JL subs this amp aint gonna power them properly. It will just about power one, but as the JL w0 takes bout 700w rms, it still aint powerful enough. Dont listen to people talking b****cks about all american amps being under rated. Theres a lot of american amps that are sh*t.......

Sorry to rant on, the amps not a bad little amp for 149 squid, but id rather buy a JL e1200 for 199 cos it is better quality, and will run 2 x JL w0s nicely..