ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Disappearing fluids, helpful Cornish spanners needed

Monaco Blue 172
Anybody recommend and good and ideally cheap Cornish garages that know their way around a 172? Or anybody psychic that can give me any ideas where my fluids are disappearing? I seem to be losing both oil and water, sometimes rapidly, like a litre of water in a 18 mile drive and sometimes nothing for ages. It did drip a little from the passenger side corner of the radiator for a bit but that seems to have stopped now, I've jacked the car up but I can't see where it's coming from or going with my mechanically retarded eyes, any ideas would be amazing.

Thanks
Rich

Monaco Blue 172
Doesn't appear to be burning, no smoke or funny smells, Padstow's closer than Somerset and at a litre per 20 miles (ish) of water I'd need to take a swimming pool to leave the county at the moment

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I noticed coolant levels dropping on my 172 about 3 years ago after a trackday at Oulton Park. I couldn't see any obvious signs of any leaks anywhere. I took it to my local mechanic and he suggested getting a bottle of radseal and adding it to the coolant. I took his advice and it hasn't lost any coolant since. I've done plenty of trackdays and loads of fast road driving and the coolant level is fine now.