ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

water still leaking in Help!

Clio 182 ff
After my last post i have again had water dripping in to the passenger footwell, ( i have poured water directly onto the passenger side scuttle straight onto the washer bottle and a few drips come in to the car ) the image is of the passenger footwell on the left side it shows the drip of water coming down. i can only see so far up the back of the foam but it seems to be coming from right up there . there is the main wiring loom coming through up there but that seems dry the drip seems to come from higher to the left but again i can't be sure. all three drains run out very fast and the scuttle is fully clean with no bits. i have put silicone over any grommets/rear washer fluid pipe/seam lines the only thing i have not siliconed is the grey rubber square with the bolt on, can you remove the bolt to remove and re seal ? i'm really losing all hope now only other thing i have though to try is remove wheel arch liner to check its clean and the water is not coming in from there

Attachments

• IMAG1994.jpg
    IMAG1994.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 127
  Clio 182 ff
Where does the pipework for the heater matrix go behind the dash?
Honestly not sure, I think its on the drivers side, I tipped water directly onto the washer bottle through the scuttle and it leaked in so it's got to be the passenger side. I tipped water all over the other side and no water got in. Today I removed the passenger wheel arch liner and was greeted with loads of dirt. I also removed the main wiring connection in the scuttle cleaned and resealed it up in a last hope as now every grommet or seam has been siliconed up now. I will check tomorrow to see if it's finely waterproof, feeling really disheartened now though

Clio 182 ff
Finally I have fixed the leak! I have found that the washer bottle when lined up with the bolt, was not seating 100% into the side panel leaving a few mm open to let water drain in through the panel . I have now fully seated the washer bottle tight, and drilled a new hole in the washer bottle tab to screw onto the mount point. Since then I have had no leaks at all, even through all the storms we have had recently.

Finally I have fixed the leak! I have found that the washer bottle when lined up with the bolt, was not seating 100% into the side panel leaving a few mm open to let water drain in through the panel . I have now fully seated the washer bottle tight, and drilled a new hole in the washer bottle tab to screw onto the mount point. Since then I have had no leaks at all, even through all the storms we have had recently.
Good work!

Thanks for updating to detail the fix, will be useful for others :)

Clio 182 ff
Which panel was it coming through?

Which panel was it coming through?

After sealing the main loom plug (blue rubber on the right) I was still getting water coming in that's when I noticed where the washer bottle attached and was bolted in ,green arrow. it left the right side of the bottle not seated into the two holes on the inside of the skuttle enough ,where the red arrows pointed, once I did that and sealed it all back up. 2 washes and loads of bad weather later I've not had any leaks, I'm not sure how it got in after running down the bottle and through the holes but it seems to have sorted it out

Attachments

• 20190212_193919.jpg
    20190212_193919.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 84