ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

disc brakes

mk1 clio energy 1.4rt
can i get bigger disc brakes and calipers off a bigger litre car and put them on my 1.4 rt clio. If so wat car can i get them from.

Yep the brakes from a Valver/Williams/Mk2 pahse 1 1.6 16V and the Mk2 phase 2 (none RS and 1.2 8V model) have the bigger disk you need the calipers the caliper mounting brakcet (ie the one which the caliper attaches to and attaches to the hub).
You'd be best getting new pads and disk the disk would then be the 259mm ones. Stock pads are enough £17 or so from Halfords FDB 845 is there part number.

damystics said:
do those brakes you suggested fit on a mk1 1.4 rt
Yep you need the caliper brackets etc. I'm wiring a guide at the moment only just found my old calipers in the garge so you'll know what you need.
Stock brakes are fine though on the 1.4 its quite a cheap upgrade to the 259mm disk calipers etc so not a bad option.
You need to find a car with the same PCD and internal bore size for easy though so your limited to the 19 the Megan and the ClLio (I belive a rare Mitsubishi Evo used them as well with different bore size I'll have to check)

Stock disk metarial are fine all this drilled noncence is for looks alione unless were on about true race car brakes which are worth way to muct to think about. Cheapeast way to better barkes is harder brakes pads new fluid disk etc.