ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

disc's and pads......

Clio Sport 172 ITB
right so im off to the ring in june and wondering what you guys suggest i do for discs and pads while im out there! i have brembo HC on the front at the moment and was wondering if you think thats what i should stick with? as for pads... i have standard at the moment so anything above that would be lovely! obv i want as little break fade as poss as there will be 2 laps at a time without coming off (as long as other ppl dont get the track shut)

thanks in advance!

Italian 3.2 V6
Brembo HC's will be fine. But Brembo MAX disks are slightly better but prob not worth going for, unless the HC's are nearly shot.

Pad wise i'd go ferrodo. Anything from Ds2000 up (ds2500 are slightly better and Ds3000 are even better!)

just depends on your budget. I got my brembo HC's and Ds2000's for under £100 delivered and were fantastic at oulton park sat just gone. I was doing 5/6 hard laps at a time with no brake fade what so ever! Try get braided lines for that extra brake feel of poss but not must.

Last edited by a moderator:
  LY R26 #288
Brembo HC's will be fine. But Brembo MAX disks are slightly better but prob not worth going for, unless the HC's are nearly shot.

Pad wise i'd go ferrodo. Anything from Ds2000 up (ds2500 are slightly better and Ds3000 are even better!)

just depends on your budget. I got my brembo HC's and Ds2000's for under £100 delivered and were fantastic at oulton park sat just gone. I was doing 5/6 hard laps at a time with no brake fade what so ever! Try get braided lines for that extra brake feel of poss but not must.

Where did you get the discs and pads from for that price?. I need something like this as I'm thinking of taking on some track days!.

i have had brembo discs and pads from the brembo shop on the 182 for nearly a week now. i changed the brake fluid also, now i don't do track so i couldn't tell you how they perform in in that aspect.but on the road and motorway at speed they are brilliant.

like said above the reviews on the ferodo ds pads are really good i would go for them for track use.

Clio Sport 172 ITB
i had the ds2500 last year and they were okish but i still wasnt 100% with them :( i already have braided lines also so that aspect is good! what about any of the CL series?

Italian 3.2 V6
I bought the pads for £48 delivered of a polish guy on here, he had a few for sale in the for sale section. Bought the brembo HC's for £45 delivered from brembo (linked from here also) Bargain TBH!

Why what was wrong with the ds2500's? Maby try the next ones up, ds3000's?

I have no exp of CL but iirc they give shed loads of brake dust and screach! Not 100% mind. Mintex are also ment to be good but don't last long. Some people have gone through a full pad on one days worth of trackdaying :S FLOL.

4 Pots!? How deep are your pockets?