ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Discs, pads and fluid!

Nathan105e

ClioSport Club Member
Morning all,

Looking to refresh the front end of the brakes ready for the next trackday at Oulton just unsure what to go for as there is a lot of choices.

Standard callipers, and il be using brembo discs as these are tried and tested!

I've Genuine rear discs and brembo pads.

I'm currently using DS2500, But after 3/4 hard laps at donington I'm getting a fair amount of fade and losing faith.

Looking at
PBS Pro race
CL RC5
CLRC6

Has anyone used a mixture of the above and have reviews on them? Or have any other recommendations?

Also, using ATE TYPE200 Brake fluid, should I stick with this?

Thanks in advance

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
In my civic (same sort of performance/weight), the sweet spot for performance Vs £ was pagid blanks, PBS pro race and ATE Typ 200 with braided lines. Never faded once and brakes were brill.

Think the go to discs on the clio are Brembo HC discs off George.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
RC6 have the most stopping power out of those.

I've used CL's in the past but stopped using them because they kept falling apart.

Ran the PBS for a few years and they're good, but recently swapped to Winmax W5 and they are even better.

Expensive but they last longer. Don't seem to have worn much yet after two track days and a few road miles.

It's worth having a set of decent rear pads too, DS2500 or PBS.

Nathan105e

ClioSport Club Member
RC6 have the most stopping power out of those.

I've used CL's in the past but stopped using them because they kept falling apart.

Ran the PBS for a few years and they're good, but recently swapped to Winmax W5 and they are even better.

Expensive but they last longer. Don't seem to have worn much yet after two track days and a few road miles.

It's worth having a set of decent rear pads too, DS2500 or PBS.
I know that they sometimes do an offer of fronts and rears for not much more than just fronts, but I haven't seen the offer pop up in a while!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I know that they sometimes do an offer of fronts and rears for not much more than just fronts, but I haven't seen the offer pop up in a while!

Yeah i bought my lot a few times when the offers were on.

Don't seem to do them now, it was more when they were trying to get their name out a bit more.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Really for track use you want an endurance pad. I find Winmax lasts the best for me at least. For the CL Brakes I'd run RC5 as they wear less but really they need extra looking after as they are full sintered metal and dont like being left outside for prolonged lengths of time touching the brake disc surface.

Another thing to consider is the metallic based race pads will generate a lot of heat so its worth having some sort of extra cooling. At minimum removing the foglights and inner arches.

I can help advise on a full setup if required.
www.kamracing.co.uk

Nathan105e

ClioSport Club Member
Really for track use you want an endurance pad. I find Winmax lasts the best for me at least. For the CL Brakes I'd run RC5 as they wear less but really they need extra looking after as they are full sintered metal and dont like being left outside for prolonged lengths of time touching the brake disc surface.

Another thing to consider is the metallic based race pads will generate a lot of heat so its worth having some sort of extra cooling. At minimum removing the foglights and inner arches.

I can help advise on a full setup if required.
www.kamracing.co.uk
Fogs removed, arches gone and some ducting to go in also :)

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
If doing plenty of track days the front DS1.11 are certainly worth considering. Plenty 172/182 track and race cars now running these , cost more initially but wear well so work out good VFM as not replacing them as often, work well from cold, and are kind on discs.

Need any help get in touch as i can supply various set ups, more so than currently listed so always worth asking as can supply CL etc aswel