ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Discs & pads front

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
After 2 track days within weeks i've used up a good amount of the pads ;)

Time has come to upgrade, was thinking brembo high carbon (are max worth the extra?) with either DS2500 or EBC red or Padgid blue.

What do you who 'track' your car think??( don't want wheel destroying compounds)

Also best places to buy above items.

Cheers.

williams and trophy
cheap halfrauds discs, and some new ferodo ds. another unknown ds series pad in mine, but the last set ate 2 sets of discs, may as well only use cheap uns lol. never had a bit of fade from em.

the new ones , again cheap halfrauds discs, the pads seem to work ok, dont seem to have the bite of the last lot. last lot were all red, these arent. but they are a new compound apparently. , not very good from cold, but do get better when youv stamped on em a bit. was still bedding them in really at spa so didnt give them a whole lot of abuse. will see better at oulton next month.

Clio 182
i got the brembo hc discs, ferodo ds2500, moquip braided hoses and 5.1 fluid for around £200 off yozzasport.

Money well spent, thought they were great until a few weeks back when i took the dukes pass (best road on planet) and they excelled, no fade whatsoever and they felt they were improving all the time.

They do need to be heated up before they are at optimum stopping power. Would highly recommend, i have so much more faith in the car now approaching corners and on roads i dont know well!

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
i've got brembo max and pagid blues and got to say they are better than the mintex 1144's i ran before. not noticed any increased dust and don't get any squeel - i think it's how they're fitted.

max are just high carb but with grooves, they aid wet braking and are meant to aid cooling but only minutely. I'd say max are worth the extra as it's only £20 depending on the supplier.

500 Twinair
i have brembo max and ferodo 2500 and braided lines, the are fanastic, bought and had them fitted at gdi.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Today (Neal) fitted my DS2500, Brembo HC discs & braided lines & topped up the Castrol response fluid.

Will report back when i've bedded them in ;)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
On the way home last night i gave the brakes a good work out.

Wow, what a difference good bite & no sign of fading at all.

Donington here we go again;)

Well worth the money & would recommend them.

500 Twinair
i have the same set up but with the max disc and they are great and worth the money, cant wait for a track day to try them out properly

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'm going to be needing a Good Fast Road and maybe light track use Disc + Pad Setup soonish so what is being recommended and what price will I be looking at paying?

Andy

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
i went from 1144's to rs 4-2's. the blue's are better imo.