ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dismantling 182 headlights?

White Sti Hatch
id say the Heat gun is the best option as you can work on one are and focus the heat where as in the oven fair enough its 200 C but its heating up everything not just the sealant !

Black Gold Trophy
id say the Heat gun is the best option as you can work on one are and focus the heat where as in the oven fair enough its 200 C but its heating up everything not just the sealant !

well I put some of the sealant on its own in the oven and heated it to 250 degrees C (VERY F**KING HOT) and its properties did not change at all.
You can try with a heatgun if you want, but I guarantee it wont work.
You need to heat all of the sealant anyway so you can pull the whole thing apart.

yep

someone on here had purple ones too
I spoke to that guy, his were masked up and painted purple on the outside, no taking apart involved.

?
well I put some of the sealant on its own in the oven and heated it to 250 degrees C (VERY F**KING HOT) and its properties did not change at all.
You can try with a heatgun if you want, but I guarantee it wont work.
You need to heat all of the sealant anyway so you can pull the whole thing apart.

I spoke to that guy, his were masked up and painted purple on the outside, no taking apart involved.

My dad did mk2ph1 headlights with a headgun/stanley.