ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Distribution Blocks

MK3

Dynamiqueee
I currently have 2awg power cable running from the battery to the amp. I've got another amp for the comps, just need to find a distribution block. All i can find, are ones with 0awg or 4 awg input.

I've seen this :

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/phonocar-2awg-power-cable-adaptor.html

But doesn't it kind of defeat the whole object of using thicker cable? Also a silly question, but if a distribution block it has 1 input and 5 outputs, would just having 2 outputs be a problem? Can't see why it would but thought i'd check. Thanks

vaux cavalier
In simple terms;

Larger cable cross sectional areas have lower resistance....

Shorter cable runs also have lower resistance....

So, longer cable runs require higher cross sectional area to keep resistance to a minimum....

So, shorter cable runs require lower cross sectional area to keep resistance to a minimum....

Larger power draws require higher cable cross sectional area to keep resistance induced voltage drop to a minimum....

Longer cable lengths require larger cable cross sectional area to keep resistance induced voltage drop to a minimum....

So;

Longer Cable Length = Higher resistance
Higher Resistance = Voltage Drop
Voltage Drop = Lost Performance

Go for a '0awg' to 2X '4awg' fused dizzy block....