ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DIY Oil change 1.2 16v Dynamique

Hey everybody, correct me if im wrong (no.. please do) but I cant seem to find a DIY guide for changing the oil on the 1.2 16v, ive searched all the forums etc, but cant find any. Was just wondering what I need exactly, mine has done 4k miles and I want to change it myself without letting renault get their hands on it. I presume the 1.2 16v has a plastic sump guard like the 2.0 16v? Also, i had a quick look in the dark with a flash light last night, but i couldnt find the oil filter.. where is it located? Cant find any of this info in the manuals given to me by renault!

hey m8

ur prolly best of taking it to nationals. £15 for oil, filter and labour. not a bad price as your looking at £15+ just for oil if you do it yourself.

HTH

Cheers for the advice Dazz but i want to do it myself. I hate taking cars to garages, not because of the money side, I can afford it, I just like doing things myself. I very rarely take cars to garages, only when it involves something way out of my league or taking the engine out etc.

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Hi Gunner

HOW TO CHANGE YOUR OIL AND FILTER ON A CLIO 1.2 16V.

1. Run the engine to operating temperature.

2. Remove the drain plug from the sump. (8mm square drive required)

3. Allow the oil to drain into a suitable container until the flow has stopped.

4. Unscrew the oil filter element from the rear of the engine. It is located on the lefthand side of the engine when viewed from the front of the vehicle.

5. Remove the paper element from the plastic housing.

6. Replace the element and the rubber "o" rings provided in the oil filter kit.

7. Screw the filter housing back onto the engine.

8. Refit the drain plug using a new sealing copper washer.

9. Fill the engine with fresh oil to the MAX on the dip stick. Approx 4lts.

10. Run the engine until the oil pressure light goes out / switch off engine.

11. Allow the engine to rest for 5 minutes.

12. Re-check the oil level and top up to MAX.

Precautions!

The oil will be hot, so wear protective gloves when removing the drain plug.

Do not overfill the engine oil level.

Dispose of the old oil in a proper manner. Most council refuse centres have waste oil disposal facilities.

Hope that helps!

Bob RTE