ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dmallett's PH1 Flame-shed.

Got bored, fitted the intercooler. (dont worry, ends have been taped up!)
IMG_4988.jpg

And the money shot:hearteyes:
IMG_4990.jpg

Can mock up some of the pipe work now/trim the bumper on the passenger side as its tight. Just giving myself something to do untill I have exhaust/ecu sorted

Today with the help of a friend I fitted this beauty! Pure motorsport stainless system, centre silencer and de-catted.
IMG_5039.jpg

IMG_5040.jpg

It took us 30 minutes to fit the new system all in, no leaks/blows and no issues. The best/easiest fitment of an exhaust to a clio ive ever done. It also weights in at nearly half the weight of the shitty 1.5" system and cat that was on there.
IMG_5042.jpg

Surround needed!
IMG_5043.jpg

All in very happy with this! Doesnt sound much louder than my previous exhaust with a cat and equal quantities of silencers, with your foot planted it is louder and makes pleasant noises but still isnt over kill! One step close to fitting the turbo now with this out of the way, hopefully it will be even quieter once running boost :)

To keep this thread alive,

Been collecting some parts.
IMG_5047.jpg

IMG_5048.jpg

Coolant Temp sensor
Thermostat & seal
Coolant
New exhaust mount too replace the powerflex'd one
Centre exhaust hanger
Cat fitting kit
Throttle cable
Megane 225 Spark plugs
Sump gasket
ARP bolts.

Still waiting on a new expansion bottle, then I will be changing the cts, thermostat and coolant. Want to make sure its running properly before the turbo goes on, waterpump isnt that old so wont be changing that.

Only need a fuel pump & ecu, then that should be all the parts needed for the turbo to take place :D

Dan, how's that PMS exhaust? Any louder? nicer sound to a k-tec stealth do you think?

I've been thinking about changing over. Looks like a proper piece of kit too!

Dan, how's that PMS exhaust? Any louder? nicer sound to a k-tec stealth do you think?

I've been thinking about changing over. Looks like a proper piece of kit too!

Its proper quiet IMO, my neighbours said the noise is no different to the s**t exhaust with cat so it must be quiet! And its a much nicer and less droney system than the ktec, it might get louder in time. Its probably done a 100 miles tops since I fitted it.

Should really get a video of it!

We was penny pinching when we bought our sofa, couldn't afford DFS. Lol

Need to find the cheapest place to get them for mine.

lol, this was a while back when work was good and I wasnt buying turbo's lol

No idea where is cheapest, not that many places sell them and the places that do dont differ in price greatly I found

Sounds like a nice upgrade then!

I may have to look into it. Be sure to tag me when you have a video. Be good to hear the difference.

My k-tec with cat and center silencer still seems to drone to much and would prefer a more raspy sound.

Ghey!!!

:wink:

Always one ;)

Can I "borrow" the turbo kit until you decide you want it back :wink:

You can borrow it with a very competitive monthly payment scheme ;) lol

That's the clever decision. Decent trade and future prospects over a wee bit of boost that costs double the price of the car!

Im glad you see sense lol, once the kit is sold I have a set of ARP bolts you maybe interested in? ;)

So fitted some bits recently,
Coolant Temp sensor
Thermostat & seal
Coolant
New exhaust mount too replace the powerflex'd one
Centre exhaust hanger
Standard engine mount (Waiting on the gearbox mount to arrive to fit that).

Car is alot less rattly/shakey already and doesnt feel any worse to drive so will be selling the solid mounts in the near future.
IMG_5049.jpg

Also picked up some new seats from an r26, going to be fitting these along with a 172 rear bench.
IMG_5051.jpg

Also fitted an exhaust trim, pretty happy with it.
IMG_5052.jpg

IMG_5053.jpg

So basically turning it from being a sort of half arsed rattly thing into something nicer to drive. Thats the plan anyway

Inferno 225 cup
Would love the seats, fancy blue ones?

Look great mate, love the different approach you're going for.

Proper subtle.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
For a minute there I thought I'd started reading the wrong thread.....

....putting interior IN, changing modified parts for standard parts....

You've changed.

Would love the seats, fancy blue ones?

Look great mate, love the different approach you're going for.

Proper subtle.

The blue seats wouldnt match my pink carpet in the lounge where they will be living for abit so no deal lol.

Cheers, im done with solid mounts and low seats. Going to make it so its enjoyable to be in again, well half nice I guess.

For a minute there I thought I'd started reading the wrong thread.....

....putting interior IN, changing modified parts for standard parts....

You've changed.

lol.

going down hill in my old age :wink:

Don't worry I'm still here to be immature for my age and want the bucket seats and hard ride!
And me :wink:

Im just old before my time, give me a few months and ill be childish again now doubt :wink:

Snap. Les is more.

Although I do like the black spoiler with the red.

Cheers, it looks odd but the spoiler is damaged on one edge, has a bit of electrical tape on it and you cant tell. If I got it sprayed id have to have it fixed/ it would show the broken bit lol. If I ever see a flame red cup spoiler come up for sale I would buy it!

Fitted new gearbox mount tonight, in standard form. Car looks nice in the sun so heres a pic; (hasnt been cleaned since last cs meet, in March iirc. Only done 200miles or so since then. Mostly to @DannyR house lol)
BB1A34DC-5C3B-4D2D-8AEF-D9B03FEE41EB.jpg

Suspension has been softened alot too, going to pick more parts up tonight and its all cross country so I will be testing/ fine tune the dampening :smile:

H
Ohh, what you picking up?

I went out in Alex's car the other day. It rode so nice I actually forgot it was on coilovers. Lovely and soft.

My car drives fairly nice now, still abit crashy at times but it goes round corners rather swift.

More interior parts, nowt exciting. Oh and some fog light as I sold you mine lol

Nice change of direction, although selling the turbo kit :eek:penmouth:
May have been clever, but it was also silly :wink:

I'm all for stripped out cars, but when you use a car daily it can take away the enjoyment. It's all about the creature comforts.

So headed to @AlexW 's house to pick some bits up/let him fit a standard shifter.

Whilst alex was doing the shifter I got bored and begun fitting bumper as it isnt broken so doesnt need aero catches, passenger head light as my adjuster didnt exsist and a cable tie was used to level the light lol and an ali bonnet.
8BA0FC9E-BFC5-428A-923F-3038D256C8D1.jpg

It now looks like I crashed it tbh
IMG_5071.jpg

IMG_5070.jpg

Oh and fitted the trendlines, also fitted a rear bench and some other bits too.
IMG_5067.jpg

IMG_5066.jpg

next up?
Debating a 197 wheel next, unsure on that
Also need to bring the rear up as it looks s**t at current
Get front end sprayed inc wings
Fit splitter after paint, probably a skoda one
Get a dent man to take some dents out