ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do 172’s have heated wing mirrors

TDI tyre shreader

Some tw*t belted my wing mirror today when it was parked on the road near where i work, the wing mirror housing was pushed forward and the mirror was dangling by 2 wires, does this mean my mirrors are heated? If they are how do u make them work??

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Isnt that just the electric mirror adjustment? I have the cup, so mine arent heated, and I dont think the 172s are either.

I had to have mine replaced in Belgium, easy to fit a new one. I am not actually sure if they are heated or not. I dont think they are actually after seeing the mechanism behind it.

TDI tyre shreader

Dont think its the servo thing becos the mirror clips onto that in the mirror housing, it had fallen off that and was dangling by the wires which were attached to the mirror itself.
Oh its an 03 if that makes a difference

[Edited by Jones on 9/22/2004 9:54:01 PM]
I was lucky it didnt break it just fell off so i popped it back on

TDI tyre shreader

hahaha cant believe i never knew that although i dont think i have ever used the heated rear screen!!!

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

172s do have heated mirrors and apparently cups do to, its in an old specs brochure from renault, but you only notice it when there is snow on them

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Cheers lozza_cup....never had reason to find out, but good to know in the next few months.

they work when you press the winter button i.e the one that puts the climate control on full blast and demists the windscreen in about 5 seconds... if you havnt got climate it wont work!!!!!!

Ford Fiesta

wrong admob.

all clios have electric heated mirrors, if they are electric then they are heated. it works when the rear screen is pressed.

doesnt anyone read their manuals, apart form me?

lol

TDI tyre shreader

i did after i posted on here the description is excellent and about as clear as a renault technician at the service desk at your local renault garage. heated external rear view mirrors did they give a chimp a dictionary and say come up with some kind of new b****cks for wing mirrors?

Quote: Originally posted by donnyo on 22 September 2004

and obviously, the cup doesnt have them on!!! Or am I wrong?
cups do indeed have heated mirrors, and as with the 172 there activated when the heated screen is used