ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

do 172/182 brake disc fit valver

Audi TT 225 Quattro

im just woundering if 172 ( 280mm) brakediscs fit a mk1 clio 16v, do they just swap with std disc??? dunno if 182 disc r same size as 172s.

thanx for any help

172 and 182 disks and pads infact all brake setup is the same. However the 172 setup and 182 setup have 280mm disk the Williams/Valvers use 259mm disk and there thinner I think from looking at them.

You cannot just bolt them on you should be able to make up a mounting bracket though so your calipers can use the bigger disks.

Audi TT 225 Quattro

is the only problem mounting the caliper on the disc or dont the disc fit at all ? space wont b a problem as ive got 17s on, reason i ask is im going to buy a set of 4pot calipers from a fella called mark on here, but cant affrod the 280 disc aswell because my 2.0 is going in at hillpower nextweek and thats taken most of my money at the moment . it would b nice if they fitted cos when i do get the disc id prob go for tarox g88 ( 40 groove ) disc.

Quote: Originally posted by jay s on 04 September 2005

is the only problem mounting the caliper on the disc or dont the disc fit at all ? space wont b a problem as ive got 17s on, reason i ask is im going to buy a set of 4pot calipers from a fella called mark on here, but cant affrod the 280 disc aswell because my 2.0 is going in at hillpower nextweek and thats taken most of my money at the moment . it would b nice if they fitted cos when i do get the disc id prob go for tarox g88 ( 40 groove ) disc.
Just stick with plain disks. The 259mm kit is fine you dont need anyhting bigger with marks 4 pots I couldnt wish for any better brakes I need better gripping tyres as they just skid on the track if you use those brakes to the full and they never fade.

oh, the disc will fit the hub, but no std caliper will fir both the hub and disc at the same time.

You will need to machine up a bracket, and if mark is doing you the willwoods for 280mm discs, then dont worry about it, itll fit.

Yep, the discs go straight onto the hub and essentially we use the same caliper for the 280mm (172) discs and 259mm Willy/16v discs. The Dynalite calipers themselves are slightly wider than the ones we supply/fit for the standard size disc.

Although, you can use the G88 discs, its not recommended. Drilled and/or grooved discs are weak, noisy and wear your pads out quicker.