ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

do all 172s have shift lights?

53 Clio's & counting
iv tried surching but havent turned up anything,just wondering coz my ph1 2001 172 doesnt seem to have 1?

cheers

BMW Z4 3.0i
I thought they do, but it really is an "over-revving" indicator rather than an optimum gear change indicator. i.e it's nothing to get excited about imo as you should never get it to light up and the limiter kicks in a millisecond later anyway

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
I thought they do, but it really is an "over-revving" indicator rather than an optimum gear change indicator. i.e it's nothing to get excited about imo as you should never get it to light up and the limiter kicks in a millisecond later anyway

not true comes in about 400 rpm before, i leave it on a second then change some optimal performance,
no they didnt all have them, alot of the titanium silver ones did, as they had the ali bonnet and boot too

106 GTi
Even Renault call it an over reving warning lamp or something akin in the handbook.

182 Full Fat
Green light means, you really should have changed 500rpm ago at Max BHP for revs approx 6250rpm (When fully warm) After this the power curve decends!
But main reason for light is to warn you limiter is on way (which is why is comes on earier when engine is cold!) Just looks smart that its a little green gear stick!

RS Clio 200
typical french really... they give you something that makes it look good, then you find out its not really a shift liight. dang!

alloy boot 1st ive heard of that :S

As for the shift light my Y reg dosnt have one, i dont think any of the 2001 Y plates had them or maybe just a few, were as all the W & X regs did.

Not all had alloys bonnets either it was just luck of the draw most W regs got them and if you were lucky your X reg got one, Mark aka Middo his sunflower is an X that had the alloy bonnet, my X reg sunflower dosnt, mad lol

renault clio 172
alloy boot 1st ive heard of that :S

As for the shift light my Y reg dosnt have one, i dont think any of the 2001 Y plates had them or maybe just a few, were as all the W & X regs did.

Not all had alloys bonnets either it was just luck of the draw most W regs got them and if you were lucky your X reg got one, Mark aka Middo his sunflower is an X that had the alloy bonnet, my X reg sunflower dosnt, mad lol
Mines got it y reg 2001 silver non alloy bonnet

Scirocco GT 210
2000 X reg and I have a shift light. It comes on to warn you you're about to hit the limiter. Little green gearstick thing on the left hand side of the dials.

Don't have an alloy bonnet though. :dapprove:

CJ

Blue ph1 172
Best is if you can change as it comes on, not when it comes on. If that makes sense.

Renault Clio Sport 172
In my...
r_1175499634.jpg

...I have shift light mark on the instrument panel. But I haven't seen that flashing when I´ll take acceleration. Does anyone knows what could be wrong?

Lots of Alfas
Im not sure if any 172 actually had an aluminium boot but Renault did advertised that fact in one of the press releases, Ive also read it somewhere else.

My red X reg 172 has shift light but not an aluminium bonnet.