ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do all CTR owners drive like old women

mk2 172

im well fukt off, saw one in the distance earlier so i made a special effort to catch it and get side by side on a perfect stretch of dual carriageway which was the perfect setting for the hot hatch showdown iv been after. i was side by side at some lights, drifting along for about a minute side by side with an open road making my intentions perfectly clear and the fag wouldnt floor it. whats he bought that frickin car for to drive it like that, he was only about 25.

thats two attempts iv made on CTR now and both have been negative, so that begs the question, do they all drive like old women?

who else has tried and failed.

normally i wouldnt be bothered but im just dyin to take one on

craggy

Maybe he just didnt want to race. Not everyone does.

What could have been going through his head:

"Has his accelerator broken?"

"What does this guy want?"

"Does he think I have his wife?"

"Does he think I have his boy-friend?"

"Bugger they have found me!"

"Just a few more seconds then...muhahahahah!"

"Damn my Q spikes out the wheels trick is broken!"

"Where did I put that gun?"

"Well at least he isnt it in a clapt out turbod up lorry!"

Paul

VW Transporter 174

Craggy

Ive come across 4 of them and they just dont live up to expectations. From what ive seen of your car id say you would do a CTR.

Slayer

mk2 172

not to long now by the sounds of it, get the valver, and whilre your at it the 2.0 bottom end, you wont regret it!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Craggy

Talking about driving a CTR like an old woman - there is a VERY old grey-haired woman near me with a CTR. I was getting petrol beside her one day and she told me that she always has fast cars as she used to be a rally driver. She pulled out of the garage and almost hit a Golf.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Next time I see her Craggy, I will see if she will let me take a photo of her and her silver CTR and I will post it, as surely she is your typical average CTR driver!!

:D

Yeah Craggy I am on a bit of a race at the moment. I am in my gap placement year at uni. I havent found a job yet (still working part time at sainsburys). So i need to save up 4 grand for a valver. Then a few hundred to change the wheels (that may have to wait). And hopefully save up a few more grand so I dont need a loan for my final year. The only problem is the money that jobs (that I dont have) want to pay me, total no more than 10k for a year. But I havent found one yet, and I only got 10 mths left. So the race I am on is to find a job before I dont have enough time left to save up for a valver. I may have to get a loan in my final year...which wont impress my parents. And it looks like I will have to still work in sainsburys in my final year, which I wanted to avoide. But if its got to be done its got to be done.

On the subject of the 2.0 bottom end I think that will have to wait. Cos for a starter my insurance is going to be a b**ch unmodded. Checked on tesco and with 2 years ncd ,that I will have by then (fingers crossed) its still comming out to 1.4k. Which btw Tesco IS f**kING DISGUSTING! I aint gonna drive fast...ohnest!

Thats the problem with being 21 and male. Grrrrr I hate the system.

Paul

mk2 172

mate, iv just turned 21, was 20 when i got the williams, insurnce is a mailto:b@stard">b@stard! especially when you monthly outgoing is as big as mine

craggy

mk2 172

good luck saving though, i cant save for that long, i get to a grand then blow it on something stupid!

Yeah I know what you mean. I spend money like its going out of fashion (as my mum would say) I buy about 2-4 XBOX games a month. And they are about £40 each. So its going to be a long road to get that 16v.

Oh if you dont mind me asking. What was the insurance on the williams at 20?

Paul

mk2 172

it was just over 2k with me as the second driver to my mum, best thing is, i bought my mum a provision for it, shes no intention of driving

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

I went to the motorshow today and my visits to the motorshow are pretty short and sweet, none of this waiting around to sit in cars lark etc. However, it was noted by my mate that the car I paid most attention to was in fact the CTR - maybe it was becuase Ive not seen one close up, or maybe it was becuase I actually really like them. In fact both are true.

And most of the CTR drivers Ive ever come across have been lunatics!

On the round trip today, we saw about 5 travelling in various directions on the M40/M42....common as muck....lol

Seriously tho, I do actually really like them and that engine is a bit of a masterpiece it has to be said.

Paul

LoL I did a similar thing a few years back. It was cheaper to put my mum on my insurance than it was for just me on it (strange I know!). That wasnt the problem. It was waking up one morning to find my car gone. Paniked my ass off. Then realised the keys were gone. I rang my mum to tell her someone had nicked my car. She was driving it the cow! Scared me sh*tless. So from now on, no-matter how much it costs me extra I am always the main driver. My dad sometimes takes it without asking, so he is only insured 3rd party if I say he is allowed to drive it. So when I get a phone call asking me if someone has my car, I will say no. And get him into some real sh*t. Hahahahah

Paul