ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do auto glass lie or tell the truth?!

My rear view mirror came off a couple of weeks ago and I've tried one of the pads to stick it back on and it was utterly useless.

So, rang auto glass to get it stuck back on professionally rather than my bodge job and the guy told me the only way to do it is to replace the whole windscreen because of the rain sensor!?

Is this true or can I use something else to glue it back on?

Definitely not getting ripped off with a new screen lol

oh right well my one seems to be stick separately so i don't know if its a non standard mirror, pain in the arse driving without one!

Get the glue on one. Halfords do it but its with the sandpaper rather than mirror glass.
Or cut up a number plate pad. I used to tell people to do that when I worked there as they're much stronger.

Renault clio 2005
Seems way over the top a new screen. I would randomly call a few Renault service departments and ask there advice. They may all say different things though :( If I was being very cynical I would say because autoglass profits have dropped massively over last 2 years they may be trying to create more work for there company. I may be wrong however.

That was very analytical of you chaz haha could be right though!

Might have to give that loctite glue a try, the problem I had with the pad though was holding it in place while it stuck as I couldnt just stick the metal bit on cos the mirror wouldn't be able to slide back over the top.

I have got some spare autotape stuff for sideskirts I found at home so might give that a go and if that dont work ill order some loctite ;)