ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do I need spacers?

Right I am going to be undertaking a full suspension refresh (shocks,bushes,wishbones) and I will be replacing the springs with either sportlines or cooksports. Now the car Is a cup packed 182 running standard 182 wheels with 205/45/16 rubber, but once these tyres are finished I will be switching to speedline 2118's. What I want to know is will I require spacers to stop the wheels looking stupid? If so what do most people run?

Many thanks :)

Depends on the offset of the new wheels against your existing wheels. I'm sure 2118s come in different offsets. You can never really go wrong with 10mm on the back and 20mm on the front though

Ktec website lists the 2118's of having an offset of 43mm? not that I really now what that means :eek:

I'm not sure what 182 wheels are offset, basically the smaller the offset the more they stick out, example being et38 will stick 5mm further out that et43, add in a 10mm spacer and your 28/33. Best to search and see what offset your standard wheels are and what other people have ran with et43 2118s. There's a lot out there so have a good look

ET43 7x15 is the 2118's you want. I got mine direct from speedline, no spacers required.

Thanks, just had a look at speedlines website, how did you buy direct from them? As the site just lists all the resellers eg larkspeed, demon tweeks, ktec etc

iirc standard 182 cup wheels are et42

I've had a search and people seem to like arguing whether they are. But I think after lots of searching my standard 182 cup wheels are et45?

Just ordered some cooksports. Don't even need them now but when the times comes I didn't want to be waiting around once I'd bought all the other suspension bits over the coming weeks.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks, just had a look at speedlines website, how did you buy direct from them? As the site just lists all the resellers eg larkspeed, demon tweeks, ktec etc

I've had a search and people seem to like arguing whether they are. But I think after lots of searching my standard 182 cup wheels are et45?

Just call them up mate or email them direct they'll sort it out. Very good service as well.