ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do people misjudge how fast your Clio is??

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
Quite a few times in the last 2 months I have had people pullout on me at junctions, mainly on carriageways or national speed limit roads simply because they have misjudged the speed the little purple cars is coming towards them.

This is normally when I’m giving it some stick, but have other people experienced this, were its just obvious that the other drive sees the little Clio an thinks "oh I've loads of time to pull out here" and you end up braking or having to avoid half a car sticking out into the road.
:S:S

S4 Avant
just overtake in one swift motion, alerting them to your presence on the road with a press of the steering wheel.

Titanium 182
It gets better if you have xenons as above lol, they seem to think ooh that looks fast whereas a clio with the yellow lights just looks.. Slower for some reason haha.

just overtake in one swift motion, alerting them to your presence on the road with a press of the steering wheel.

+1

I've noticed this when i pull out a side road onto a main road such as a Dual Carraigeway etc.

The cars move from the slow lane to the fast lane to let me pull out and i end up passing them as there going so fcuking slow.

Lol

And Audi/BMW drivers sitting up your ass are funny especially when there 2.0's and below and you put foot down. :D

Everyone does it, I usually just overtake them at a strady speed instead of braking almost to a stop.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
the most annoying one for me is when your on the wrong side of the road overtaking a line of traffic as your sitting about 8 cars back and no one overtakes and then just as your about to pass the 2nd car from the front they pull out!

the most annoying one for me is when your on the wrong side of the road overtaking a line of traffic as your sitting about 8 cars back and no one overtakes and then just as your about to pass the 2nd car from the front they pull out!

And the take forever to pass too :(

Titanium 182
Old codgers flash at everyone with xenons and everyone who overtakes them even if it's legal lol.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
And the take forever to pass too :(

lol i remember in my old ph2 172 pulling out to overtake 9 cars and a bus on a straight and as i pulled out a rover 25 behind the bus pulled out i then had to break as the 25 was only half way past the bus when i reached it, hero car!

S4 Avant
Old codgers flash at everyone with xenons and everyone who overtakes them even if it's legal lol.

This as well! I overtook 3 lorries doing 30 in a 60, over the course of 5 minutes, and on the last lorry, a car appeared as I was pulling in. He stuck his full beam on at me, and received rods. Very angry rods.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
They don't pull out because they're misjudging your speed, they're usually pulling out because they're ignorant, and feel that they're more important, and thus don't need to wait.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Yeah, happens in any car. If your shifting its just something to keep an eye on, people see the distance you are away and pull out without considering your speed!!

The other one that gets me is people you go to fast a give ways, expecting nothing to be coming. When they realise you are coming its to late for them to stop in time because of there speed and they end up sticking out into the road! Coupled with this people who don't look both ways at junctions and just pull out, seen some very close calls because of this!!

RB & LY 182
some people just can't drive and are never aware of road positioning either.
think people do it on purpose to be ar*eholes coz they see a nice possibly noisy car and think young stupid driver!

b*stards

lol i remember in my old ph2 172 pulling out to overtake 9 cars and a bus on a straight and as i pulled out a rover 25 behind the bus pulled out i then had to break as the 25 was only half way past the bus when i reached it, hero car!

Lol, i bet you thought "Fcuk sake that me fcuked now" :(

They don't pull out because they're misjudging your speed, they're usually pulling out because they're ignorant, and feel that they're more important, and thus don't need to wait.

And thats why insurance is on the up :(

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
Yeah it happens no matter what car you're driving. The problem is more to do with poor judgement imo

Vectra SRi
Quite a few times in the last 2 months I have had people pullout on me at junctions, mainly on carriageways or national speed limit roads simply because they have misjudged the speed the little purple cars is coming towards them.

This is normally when I’m giving it some stick, but have other people experienced this, were its just obvious that the other drive sees the little Clio an thinks "oh I've loads of time to pull out here" and you end up braking or having to avoid half a car sticking out into the road.
:S:S

maybe they just assume you're doing the speed limit? if you were then it wouldn't be a problem. c**k

Vectra SRi
Insults ftl

Infractable by death TBH

it's not an insult, it's the truth, i'm no angel, i speed but i really cant see how this thread makes any sense!

i'm doing 90 down the road (a 70 limit) a car pulls out ahead thinking i'm doing the speed limit and he has time and it's his fault? no no no, if i wasn't speeding it wouldn't be a problem, thus making the whole incident my fault . . common sense to be fair

Nothing at the mo :(
f**k i get it all the time.. i dont get it as much in the clio with my xenons on then i did with my saxo vts.... maybe the xenons make it look expensive so dont bother??

DCi 100
Yes they think it's really fast when infact, it's stupidly slow.

People who can't judge speed and pull out with any car coming are s**t drivers.

God there's some f**king b****cks on here recently. I've decided the best thing is to avoid all conversation involving cars.

Yes. Everyone pulls out on Clios because they don't realise they can do the speed of sound. Strike a light.

Hire Car Baby
I used to have this problem all the time - but then somebody kindly explained to me the non-binary properties of the accelerator ;)

Clio 1.2 16v
Flol at williams going sick, id say the important word in that quote is 'Normally'. I agree completly that if your doing over the limit and someone pulls out and impeeds you, yes its your fault therefor no need to be angry just brake.... But i have had many occasions where people have pulled out on me and i will be doing under the speed limit and yet still have to brake becuase some people are f*cking rems and dont know how to accelerate to the correct speed or purely judge distances.

There was no point in insulting people, you have a point and so does he, people like you wind me up, the forum is here to discuss things u bellend...... Ice Won <3