ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do people misjudge how fast your Clio is??

MCS R56
:rasp:
+1

I've noticed this when i pull out a side road onto a main road such as a Dual Carraigeway etc.

The cars move from the slow lane to the fast lane to let me pull out and i end up passing them as there going so fcuking slow.

Lol

And Audi/BMW drivers sitting up your ass are funny especially when there 2.0's and below and you put foot down.

And then their 1.9d's sticks with you! I do like that!:rasp:

PS 200
I sit and wait for Clios just so I can annoy them by pulling out and going slowly.

Then when they try to overtake - I force them off the roads.

Buy I do wave to them - they could be one here :cool:

People have been pulling out on cars since they let women drive :)

clio 172 phase 2
I sit and wait for Clios just so I can annoy them by pulling out and going slowly.

Then when they try to overtake - I force them off the roads.

Buy I do wave to them - they could be one here :cool:

People have been pulling out on cars since they let women drive :)
FLOL!

320d
RS4 owner misjudged trying to bully me this morning on the way to work. Pwned

Awesome. I need a SC on mine. Pwning an RS4 in a 10 year old french shed FTW.

I notice people pull out on me going around roundabouts because they think i'm going straight on despite the fact i'm indicating because of the speed I go around them sometimes.

My fault really though, should go around them slower but its fun going around faster.

MCS R56
it could beat the speed of light in the twisties though, to be fair.

I'm yet to see this twisty road where the Clio is going to embarrass all other cars and the speed of light!

I think to most non-car people, the Clio Sport looks very similar to regular Clios, so they don't give them the respect.

As in you think your Clio is faster than an RS4???

I would guess not and guess that under the circumstances he "beat" the RS4, maybe in traffic, roadcraft etc.

Nothing seems to agitate people more than someone calmly getting somewhere faster without obvious speed or aggression by using better road position/lanes etc.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I beleive his clio is supercharged? still dont think it would be fatser than an RS4 though!? not sure? Decent road positioning is the way to go!

320d
I beleive his clio is supercharged? still dont think it would be fatser than an RS4 though!? not sure? Decent road positioning is the way to go!

You would be very surprised. A guy with a turbo'd Trophy on here beat one too.

Remember an RS4 is only 255bhp/ton so a 260bhp PH1 Clio is almost exactly the same.

PS 200
Most RS4 owners have no idea how to drive them OR don't want to put them in a hedge while racing a nutter in a French POS :D.

200 FF Storm Grey
It gets better if you have xenons as above lol, they seem to think ooh that looks fast whereas a clio with the yellow lights just looks.. Slower for some reason haha.

Since i've got the clio i've noticed 90% of people slowing right down in front of me at night, the bouncing xenons must make them suspect it's the police, I must admit... I do take some pleasure from playing P.C Cunney of an evening...

Nothing at the mo :(
Since i've got the clio i've noticed 90% of people slowing right down in front of me at night, the bouncing xenons must make them suspect it's the police, I must admit... I do take some pleasure from playing P.C Cunney of an evening...

Ditto this., when i was in my saxo vts *few years ago now* a car was behind with me xenon and i was crapping it cause it looked "expensive" ..it was night to so couldnt really see the car and thought it was PC Plod.. actually worked out being a 182 lol

Clio
Or not realising not all owners of fast cars drive them quickly...

Exactly. I remember thinking I was the dogs danglies over taking a ferrari with an old porsche 924 a few years ago, at the end of the day a clio within the speed limit is as easy to spot as anything else on the road.

at the end of the day a clio within the speed limit is as easy to spot as anything else on the road.

583clio_truck.jpg

hehe

Last edited:
  '99 Vectra 1.8
I usually pull out in front of people that look like they're driving like a dick. Feels good to slow them down and piss them off