ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do Renault fit alarms to older Clios?

Clio Dynamique
Hi, i have just bought an 03 reg Dynamique (pick it up next week), but it doestn have an alarm. So i was wonderinf if Renault fit alarms to older cars and if so does anyone know how much they charge?

I have an Ai606 in my current car which hasnt given me much trouble, what alarms do Renault use?

Thanks!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Im sure they do, my old 172 had one fitted by previous owner as it was an import. But i think it was alot of money

Any decent alarm installer will be able to do it, i'd go for a cat 1 (like your toad one is)

OE renault ones are Cobra (I think)

Clio Dynamique
Well i had one fitted by an independent toad installer, and shall we say things didnt go to brilliantly. So my only option is to go to Renault really, i get the impression that Cobra alarms are a bit hit n miss.

I just dont know how much Renault charge, i did email them but they have'nt got back to me :mad:? I dont mind paying up to 350 quid if i have to.