ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

do to test a coil pack

clio 1.4RT
got an odd problem regarding power at motorway speeds and think it maybe the coil pack...

How do i test the coil pack on a 98 r reg mk1 clio?

Cheers

182, SQ7, Trafic
Coil pack would be a problem from Idle upwards mate, You'd really be able to tell as I had to replace mine on an R Reg Clio. If it has a really bad lumpy idle and sounds like only 3 cylinders are firing its that!

Artic 182
Coils are often an off or on symptom. So if its switching from 2 - 4 cylinders etc then your on the right track but if its just sluggish i'd look elsewhere as its more like map related

Artic 182
Ask someone how knows what its like. a loss of a cyclinder should be noticeable to anyone. Its like a big missfire and loss of power and happens very suddenly

clio 1.4RT
it does not miss fire, as it doesnt bang or fart but it does have a little un even idel and power is down a bit especially on motorway fast speeds. It takes ages to get to 70pmh and if i go up hill power drops off fast

Skoda Fabia vRS
is it fine at low speeds ?......if its not misfiring im not really sure, blocked cat/exhaust maybe ?