ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

do you find your clio very twitchy in the wet?

D

dannyh_17

yes or no my back ends sliding alot lately at relatively low speeds discuss

LY 182
yeah i have the same problem. seems ok when the fuel tank is full though.
feels quite unstable on wet motorways when tank is near empty.
on quite worn tires though.

D

dannyh_17

standard clio size tyres but theyre not worn think i have 2 kumho's

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
the back end of my car has been stripped of everything and then some and the most i fill up is half a tank so generally i have under a quater of petrol so yeah mines all over the place did a top speed run couple weeks back and under braking felt like the back end was off the ground lol very scarey at times lol.

Milano Premier CTR
The conti's i had origianlly on my 1.2 were crap, was a totally different car once i got my pirelli p6000's on, mite not be the best tyres but they have improved on the conti's loads.

RB 182
Used to have problems in my old clio when I had budget tyres on but changed to Eagle F1's and it felt like a different car in the wet.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Mine is quite worrying in the wet running pretty worn 'Nexan' tyres on the rear... (fitted by the previous owner).

Dan

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
If it gets scary in the wet then there really is a simple explanation....you are pushing too hard.

Crap tyres or not, when its wet, surely its common sense not too drive as fast as you normally do?

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
the back end of my car has been stripped of everything and then some and the most i fill up is half a tank so generally i have under a quater of petrol so yeah mines all over the place did a top speed run couple weeks back and under braking felt like the back end was off the ground lol very scarey at times lol.

mines the same, feels like the back end is gonn ova take the front :rasp:

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Just to clarify, I don't push the Vee in the wet either heh, I'm not that daft ;)

Dan

An orange one
my vee hangs on fairly well in the wet...and grips for dear life in the dry!!

new pilot sport 2's on the rear!

BMW M135i
F1s are brilliant in the wet imo, the contisports the 172 is on at the moment are bloody lethal! Can't wait to wear them out and get some eagles fitted.

I'm very conservative in the wet these days, got taught a lesson the hard way on that one. Soon sinks in!

1.8 8v RSi
either change tyres
slow down more
stripped out rear if so that will b why?
shocks need replacing cause old ones are too soft

Clio 172 mk2
I'm on Contis and never had any issues with the 172 in the wet.

Could be issues with suspension or tyre pressures/tread.

renault clio
Mines s**t. I am running on Nankings though. Not for much longer. They are terrible.

never buy cheap tyres!!

never had any problems in the wet bar using Yoko A539's and Eagle F1's.

PE2's on the 172 and my old Williams and they never misbehaved

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
yep deffo, it was damp and a tad muddy that i didn't know about til i was on it

i had a spin a few weeks ago on an a road, the back end just went, not even a sign of it going, it just wipped, eagles on the fronts, p600's on the rear.......

needless to say the rear tyres are going in place of some eagle f1's then i either sell the 172 (for being not as fun as a mark 1) or i mod it to try and suit

titanium 182,
no not really infact its not much different from when its dry a pussy cat really
now my tvr that getts twitchy in the wet :evil:

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
never had any problems in the wet bar using Yoko A539's and Eagle F1's.

PE2's on the 172 and my old Williams and they never misbehaved

i`ve got pe2`s on mine to, well worth the money imo! never misbehaves?? maybe cause u hav all ya rear interior in - or drive like a puff :rasp: LOL

182 Trophy
The conti's i had origianlly on my 1.2 were crap, was a totally different car once i got my pirelli p6000's on, mite not be the best tyres but they have improved on the conti's loads.

get some toyo proxes, extremely good in the wet, same in the dry. £48 per corner. thats what i had on my dynamique, when i was my main car, now my little run-around.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I'm on Contis and never had any issues with the 172 in the wet.

Could be issues with suspension or tyre pressures/tread.

Yeah im a bit mistifyied by the claims that the Conti's are skittish in the wet.
But then again i don't drive like a tool in the wet so i've never had an issue!

Actually thats untrue....i did drive like a tool once in the rain. It was in my M2 Ph1 1.2....and i crashed it.
Enough said.