ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you think LCD's and the PS3 will drop alot after xmas

Clio_Smart
As per title....

Im thinking of buying a 32" LCD and a PS3 but was wondering if you guys think its worth while waiting till after christmas.

6/468 17poo
i think recently that more items are becoming cheaper before christmas specially things like tvs/games consoles except wii's!

probly worth having a look a round, apparantly m&s sell sony tvs and they all come with 5 year warranty, check out hotukdeals.com usually alot on there to start ya research mate,

Ryan

Mito Sportiva 135
I doubt the RRP will drop, its just had one, and no new drops in Japan or USA.

They might do some more competitive bundle offers though, although I think its quite well priced now since the drop.

LCD TVs on the other hand are always getting cheaper - you can't count your bottom dollar that there will be some bargains come January, quite tempting just to get all my presents then as you can get so much more for your money.

dk

911 GTS Cab
id say wait til the january sales
i disagree, the days of getting great bargains in january are gone these days, just the odd bits and bobs, retailers are selling at such low margins now that the prices are nearly always rock bottom anyway as they are making money in other areas.

You're better off just buying online at the great prices they already are, lcd's are dirt cheap these days and the ps3 is unlikely to see another decrease for a few months yet, possibly the introduction of the 80gb model will drive the 40gb one down, but then everyone will want the 80gb one then anyway.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
prices of LCD tv's are very low at the moment.. as for the PS3 i would wait 4 the price to lower

gaz

Mito Sportiva 135
Agreed, in real terms technology is ridiculously cheap now ... times have never been as good for consumers really (although I think people were saying that in the late 80s just before the crash...)

Richer Sounds always have some cracking deals on and if you are looking to buy a few bits you normally get even further discounts, the staff are great too, I would have a look in a shop or on their website.

Although, John Lewis do price match so if you find a decent price get it from there if you can as you get free extended warranty, 3 years on most things I think. We got both our Bravia LCDs from there at great prices using this method.

Punto/Clio GTT
id say wait til the january sales
i disagree, the days of getting great bargains in january are gone these days, just the odd bits and bobs, retailers are selling at such low margins now that the prices are nearly always rock bottom anyway as they are making money in other areas.

You're better off just buying online at the great prices they already are, lcd's are dirt cheap these days and the ps3 is unlikely to see another decrease for a few months yet, possibly the introduction of the 80gb model will drive the 40gb one down, but then everyone will want the 80gb one then anyway.

£10 says you can get a ps3 cheaper after christmas