ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you trust other people to wash ur car

C4 Grand Picasso

If my dad offers to wash my car whilst doing his, I dont trust him, Ill do it myself.

In work - the lads have the powerwasher set up (to wash vans and stuff), "bring your car round and well give it a going over" - dont trust them, Ill do it myself the hard way with a bucket and sponge.

Little sisters bored, she can hoover the inside, dont trust her to wash the outside without scratching the car.

People offering to do work for me, and getting turned down. Im I being weird, or are there more like me?

Nope, I was very pissed off when I took it in for a service and even after me specifically stating that I didnt want it cleaned by them, it was still done and what a surprise I find a new scratch on it when I check!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

So true, Cant trust anyone to wash mine, think it bad enough just letting people go inside!!

2004 Racing Blue 182

same here mate, i actually enjoy washing my car, especially if im stressed, the more stressed i am the longer i take!!!

my mate said i should take it to a valeter, i would prefer to o it myself!

-->BV

I cant clean my car for sh*t, i have a valeter who does a good job, not painstaking attention to detail but fine for £15.

-Rob

ordinairely(sp?)id do it meself, but on the rare occasions its covered in crap, i take it to a hand car wash. it costs me a fiver, and it comes out like new, with no scratches on it!

Feel funny when i take it to the bodyshop or garage, i like to wash my car myself, and do as much of the work on it myself as i can, costs less too

I wash my own car too. on odd occasions i have taken it to the carwash to be cleaned but i prefer to do it myself. lol :)

Wont really let anyone else touch it to be honest..

If I mess it up its my own fault, if anyone else does I cant control my actions!!

C4 Grand Picasso

Quote: Originally posted by riplash on 24 May 2004

Wont really let anyone else touch it to be honest..

If I mess it up its my own fault, if anyone else does I cant control my actions!!
My thoughts exactly.

<< Slightly off-topic but 500 POSTS woohoo!!

Ford Fiesta

lol Thought I was the only one like this!! I would never let anyone else do my car, inside or out. Id prefer to do it myself. When I have to take it into dealor I always make sure it is spotless (which it always is anyway) so they dont bother cleaning it.

Even though I have to do it again when it comes out with all the marks from dirty footwear etc :mad:I also make sure I fill washer bottle to top with the stuff I use, and even then they still charge me £8 for topping it up on a service. Cant get round this as they will squirt them to see if its working on the service wont they! lolsometimes a puch letting people sit in the car too, especially if they wanna sit in and press everything and eat and drink and make a mess. lol;)

sad? daft? over protective..... lol who cares its me that spends ££££££££££££££ on it.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Loads of people I know go to the asylum seeker car wash (£4 for a hand wash) but i cant do it man. At the very least even if Im being lazy Ill take it to a jet wash.

bradford lad you are letting people eat in your clio when i had my 16valve the thought of food in the car was a big no no .i made sure people who got in the car banged there shoes first so no dirt on my mats.and now i have my renault van im still just as bad.as a detailer who details clients cars .i love to have people who are mega fussy and and at the end of the day would love to do it themselves but dont have the time or know how. i get great pleasure when they turn round and say that im worse than them on wanting the car to look right. i treat there car as if it was mine and i want that car to allways look the best .garages do so much damage to clients cars what ever the make i would not trust them . martin

Volvo S60 T5

I wash it myself, I enjoy cleaning it polishing it etc, as above a good stress reliever:)

Would I let someone else do it..mmmm...no

I will never let anyone wash it, my mate had is 04 Golf washed at a garage by some scummy teenage apprentice who managed to get grit and god knows in the cloth which wrecked the paint. He is trying to claim a respray at the moment but yeh no-one touches my baby.

Octavia VRS

I agree - Car washing/polishing is great to relieve stress. When I had the old uni exams and was panicking id get the bucket and sponge out and spend a good few hours getting the Clio clean.

Also, I only let me wash the POW!!

I find it a really good stress reliever to spend hours washing and polishing/waxing the car, I thought I was the only one! LOL

E87 118i

I just found a "nice" scratch across my bonnet, about 2 days after I got it back from a service........coincidence ? its not a stone scratch from the road that for sure, looks like someone dropped the sponge and just carried on wiping the car......makes me mad.

not as mad a the 3 dents along the side of my car that just "appeared " after parking at the supermarket......

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by rock on 25 May 2004

I just found a "nice" scratch across my bonnet, about 2 days after I got it back from a service........coincidence ? its not a stone scratch from the road that for sure, looks like someone dropped the sponge and just carried on wiping the car......makes me mad.

not as mad a the 3 dents along the side of my car that just "appeared " after parking at the supermarket......
which is exactly why i park in the mother and child bit at supermarkets like sainsburies. there is a nice wide space either side for idiots to swing their doors into!!!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Car wash £4.99.

If it gets a scratch or a stone chip, big deal! Its a car! I drive it to work and around country lanes! Its there to be driven!

No one touches mine! Or eats in it or even breaths i it! I always clean it when it goes to the dealers so they wont touch it...

Laguna

Yeah no one washes mine but me, mind you im the plonker that thought it would be a good idea to use one of them hydra-blades once and put a dirty great scratch on the bonnet, I was not a happy bunny. But at least that was my own fault. The only real thing that bugs the hell out of me is when you have spent hours cleaning it then you get a bloody cat go and park its ar$e on the bonnet leaving foot prints etc all over it. Well annoyed this morning lol.

Ive been brought up to clean my car myself!! My old man takes about 5 hours to clean his Car every sunday (as long as it aint doing the cats and dogs thing). So Ive taken a leaf out of his book and try to do the same (weather and hangover permitting).Ive even been known to take the wheels off and clean them!! Not very often though.

No one cleans a car as good as the person that loves it the most!!

Not that I dont trust people to wash my car, I will jus always do it myself as I dont think anyone else will do such a good job

Ford Fiesta

yes it will stop with the new 182, NO ONE will eat in it anymore, expecially messy fast food,

Liam

only me cleans my car, though i would let me dad as his golf is mint. i find it a good stress reliever too go outand forget about things for a couple of hours! if i tried to go through a carwash the wing would get ripped off anyways lmao. and i really dont want the scratches as it will be forsale soon :(

GR7

Shiny red R32

NO WAY would I ever let anyone else wash or polish my car - other than my dad ,who taught me all about caring for a car. He told me never to use the same sponge or cloth on the lower part or wheels, as on the bonnet, boot, doors etc and I get through loads of sponges etc to avoid the slightest mark!

Normally when cars go in to my garage for a service they give them a clean, but they know never to touch mine!!

No one cleans my car except me.

If one of those immagrant windscreen cleaners at traffic lights tries their sh*t i will run them down!

Always use a seperate chamois leather for the body and door shuts (dont wanna rub grease down the body...uuugghhhh!!)

Polished twice a year..start and end of the decent weather although that can be weekly in england.

AND NEVER EVER USE WASHING UP LIQUID IF YOU LIKE YOUR CAR!